Latest post Thu, Jun 25 2009 4:23 PM by Teicia. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jun 8 2009 11:56 PM

• jaws
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jun 8 2009
    • Posts 37
    • Points 385

Deko to Eduis

I'm new to Deko and am working on the Deko 3000.  I'm trying export a deko graphic to be imported into Edius.  The only way I have found to do this is in the sequence editor and going to "make deko movie".  Is there a way I can "make a deko movie" or export my deko graphic without making a sequence?

Thanks.

• Tue, Jun 16 2009 7:26 AM In reply to

• jaws
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 37
    • Points 385

Re: Deko to Eduis

I just read under Announcements and FAQs the "New- Post Deko for Editors and Post Deko Version 8"  I guess that is my only option.

• Mon, Jun 22 2009 6:25 PM In reply to

• Teicia
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 16 2006
    • Red Bank, New Jersey
    • Posts 111
    • Points 885

Perhaps I can help you find a solution. What format are you looking to send? Deko can export many file formats and QuickTime MOV to move to other devices. You can do with either from the online Deko system or the offline PostDeko software. PostDeko for Editors can plugin to Avid Editors including NewsCutter, Media Composer and Symphony.

Please let me know if I can help to answer further.

Thanks,

Teicia

• Tue, Jun 23 2009 11:22 PM In reply to

• jaws
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 37
    • Points 385

Thanks for the reply Teicia,

We are using the Deko 3000 Hybrid and currently only using SD.  Our editors use Edius by Grass Valley (which is very "flexible" to file formats)

I haven't been able to figure out how to export  .DKO files unless I'm in the Sequence editor (I don't want to make sequences before exporting) and go to "make deko movie"

Here are some of the video formats that can be imported into Edius..

.avi  .mov  .mpv  .m2v  .mpg  .mpeg  .m2p  .mxf  .wmv

We would like to export a file format from Deko that would be the fastest (exporting/render time) While still retaining the quaility.

Thanks!    - Jason.

• Wed, Jun 24 2009 6:48 PM In reply to

The file types that you listed above are for "movie" file formats. The .dko is a still with layers. EDIUS will not import the .dko as it is.I do not know all of the Still Image formats that Edius supports, but a quick look at their web page indicates that there are several that we can save to.

On the Deko, if you open the .dko and then select File->Save Graphic As (F12), it will open a Save As window. In that window, you can specify the file name and the "Save as type". The default for the type is .dko, but there's a down arrow next to that field. Click on the down arrow and you will get a list of all the file types that Deko can save to (e.g. .bmp, .gif, .jpg, .psd, .tif, .tga ...). Note that some of those may be compressed and, as a result, the resulting quality may not be as good as the original. But all of those file types I listed are supported on the Deko and it looks like on the Edius as well.

If you really do want to save a .dko or a sequence of .dko's as a movie file, then you must use a sequence with the Make DekoMovie.

Dave

• Wed, Jun 24 2009 8:16 PM In reply to

• Teicia
    • Not Ranked
    • Red Bank, New Jersey
    • Posts 111
    • Points 885

To add onto to Dave's suggestions -- if you want to render animations, you must use the sequencer. It's pretty straightforward to setup. If I can help with some advice on using the Make DekoMovie feature, just let me know.

Thanks,

Teicia

• Wed, Jun 24 2009 10:45 PM In reply to

• jaws
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 37
    • Points 385

Thanks Dave and Teicia!  I did infact want to export animations only.  So I will use the "make deko movie" under the Sequence Editor.

Do you know which file format would export the quickest?

Also, how would the Post Deko software benefit me in this situation?

Thanks.

• Thu, Jun 25 2009 4:23 PM In reply to

• Teicia
    • Not Ranked
    • Red Bank, New Jersey
    • Posts 111
    • Points 885

I think you'll find the export process pretty straightforward.

The export format depends on the device you are exporting to. If the Eduis imports QuickTime MOV, that may be your best bet because it stores the fill and key in one file. It's likely the most universally supported too.

PostDeko would benefit you as an offline creation/export station so you would not have to tie up the online system for this purpose. Its software only and provides all the same graphic and motion creation tools as the online system. You can get mor info on PostDeko and download a try out version from this link.... http://www.avid.com/products/PostDeko/index.asp

Good luck,

Teicia

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller