Latest post Sun, Oct 5 2014 8:16 AM by Marianna. 164 replies.
Page 8 of 11 (165 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Oct 7 2010 12:24 AM In reply to

• Timay
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Centennial, Colorado
    • Posts 413
    • Points 5,440

Re: The Next 102 Basic MC Tutorials - End of the 2nd Series! May 14th, 2010

Once again getting up to speed with MC...I needed some info so I popped over to Douglas' home page and saw that he has now all of the tutorials, complete with player and index, online.
    I already tried a download and must say that it makes finding the tutorials and watching them much easier. . . Nice for those looking for something in particular...

Tim

edit: Oooo!  Top of the page!  Good luck must be upon me!

hp workstation xw8200, dual xeon 3.4Ghz, 1-160 gig OS drive, 1-500 gig media drive, ATI x1900xtx, Avid MC, Audigy 2ZS [view my complete system specs]

Tim Armagost tim.armagost @ SKYPE Colorado LE Users Group meets 3rd Tuesday of every month @ 7:00pm - see website for details

• Thu, Oct 7 2010 2:58 AM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,667
    • Points 223,915
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Timay:

Once again getting up to speed with MC...I needed some info so I popped over to Douglas' home page and saw that he has now all of the tutorials, complete with player and index, online.
    I already tried a download and must say that it makes finding the tutorials and watching them much easier. . . Nice for those looking for something in particular...

Tim

edit: Oooo!  Top of the page!  Good luck must be upon me!

Thank you for the plug Tim Geeked

Having gotten past that hurdle (Indexing and uploading the Packs) I am now getting stuck into a new series of Tutorials to be added to my site in the near future.

Regards,
    Douglas

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Thu, Oct 7 2010 4:42 AM In reply to

• sam the sham
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Apple Valley, Ca
    • Posts 924
    • Points 11,790

How about another plug Douglas...... Smile    for all your help it's the least we  can do. I agree with Tim, the new site Index and offers are a real improvement. As a casual user of MC I can't think of a better way of learning this beast.

I just have to remember to subsitute keys COMMAND for CONTROL Stick out tongue

MC 6.0.3.1 thank you very much, FCP X v.10.2.3, MAC Pro, 2 @ Intel Quad-Core Xeon 2.4 GHz,(Westmere),12gb 1066mhz DDR3 ram, ATI RadeonHD 5870 1GB. 3@ 1TB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Oct 21 2010 3:23 AM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,667
    • Points 223,915
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Basic MC Tutorials - Series 2

Although they were not intended for general release, I have recently made 3 video tutorials which can be seen on my ScreenCast site.

The first one is about 1 way of creating a split-screen effect

HERE

The next 2 are about using the "fit to fill" procedure when using the Motion Effects workflow.
    THere have been some changes here, since the introduction of a certain "Tool" in MC 5.

Those 2 tutorials can be seen

HERE

and HERE

Regards,
    Douglas

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

mobile 813-493-6800

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Sun, Oct 24 2010 8:19 AM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,667
    • Points 223,915
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

I have uploaded a couple of more video tutorials to my Screencast site.

They deal with the ways to open the Motion Effect Editor and also how to get more buttons on the hamburger between the Source/Record monitors.

HERE IS THE MOTION EFFECT EDITOR ONE

and here is THE ONE ON THE HAMBURGER

Regards

Douglas

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Mon, Oct 25 2010 8:27 AM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,667
    • Points 223,915
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

A small cry for help!

I am in the process of testing Closed Captioning with new tutorials.

I have uploaded a copy of the recent tutorial on "Accessing the Motion Effect Editor" with a set of Closed Captions.

If you have time, please visit THE TUTORIAL HERE and then leave some feedback in this thread, or you can do it directly on the Screencast page.

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Douglas

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Tue, Oct 26 2010 8:13 AM In reply to

• GT
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • South Africa
    • Posts 392
    • Points 4,280

Hi Douglas,

I viewed the Tutorial this morning and the captioning worked well, with no problems.

Regards,

Graham

MC Ver 8.7, Intel Core I5, NVidia Quadro FX 570, 16Gb Ram, 250 Gb system drive, 2 Tb Render/Media drive, Windows 7 64bit Pro, QT 7.6.6 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Oct 26 2010 12:51 PM In reply to

Captioning is working fine here as well, Douglas.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Tue, Oct 26 2010 4:45 PM In reply to

Wow Douglas!  I'm really impressed with your site. Your prices are extremely reasonable. In fact, they are downright generous considering the time and attention you have obviously given to each tutorial.

I like your new closed captioning too, since I often mute my speakers. Currently I wear headphones, but they're uncomfortable after a while. Once I really make the plunge into MC, your tutorials are where I will jump in.

Right now I'm still using Liquid. I'm just too busy learning the ins and outs of running a business, getting customers and taking care of them, to have much time to learn a new editor.  If only someone had such excellent tutorials on the business aspect of making videos (Hint!!)

Thanks for all your work.

MC 6.0.4,Gateway FX6800, i7 920 Processor, Windows 10 Pro (upgraded from Win 7 Pro 64 SP1), 6gb Ram, GeForce GT 710 (2gb), 2 JVC HM170U Camcorders, 1 Canon... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Nov 20 2010 2:47 PM In reply to

• 2flame
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 4 2010
    • Posts 34
    • Points 400

Douglas, what can I say but Thank You! This is the second set of tutorials you've created for the Avid Community, and I am just stunned by the effort and care you put into all this. 

(@home): PC: HP XW8400, Xeon 5160 2.66 GHz, 4GB RAM, 73GB SAS 15k, Quadro FX1500 ... Mac: MacBook Pro 2,26GHz C2D, 5GB RAM, 160GB HDD, GF9400M. [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Nov 20 2010 9:21 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,667
    • Points 223,915
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

2flame:

Douglas, what can I say but Thank You! This is the second set of tutorials you've created for the Avid Community, and I am just stunned by the effort and care you put into all this. 

Thank you 2flame,

I still watch them myself, as I old brain seems to have memory problems. . . . . .

If you are interested in getting information about my new tutorials, drop me an email and I will put you on my mailing list.

You can find my email address in my profile, or just use the Forum's PM system.

Regards,
    Douglas

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Thu, Dec 16 2010 12:42 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,667
    • Points 223,915
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

drbgaijin:
    If you are interested in getting information about my new tutorials, drop me an email and I will put you on my mailing list.

Just a reminder that you can ask to be put on my mailing list to get information about my new tutorials.

Those who have already signed up (plus anyone who signs up by this weekend) are getting a free download of my first Tutorial in my new Tutorial series.
    The first one, is on using the Corner Pin Trackers in AvidFX. The Tutorial also includes Closed Captioning to help hearing-impaired and non-english speakers to follow along more easily.

Just drop me an email before Monday. Geeked

Regards,
    Douglas

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Wed, Dec 22 2010 11:36 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,667
    • Points 223,915
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Another of my ego trips coming up!

The 200 tutorials included in the Basic Tutorials collection will pass the quarter of a million views mark in the next hour or so!
    That is 250,000 views for 200 tutorials, in approximately 2 and a half years.
    Not bad for a newcomer to MC (well, I was about 3 years ago)

Once again, Thank you all for using the tutorial help.
    Don't forget - if you drop by Kumamoto over the festive season I will be happy to show you around!

A Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to all of you. Geeked

Regards,
    Douglas

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Thu, Dec 23 2010 8:42 AM In reply to

Douglas,

I don't think it's possible to over-estimate the help and impact your series has had on a LOT of people - both Avid beginners and veterans.  Apart from being informative you've also inspired more people to make tutorials for a NLE that had up until your work been pretty sparse for them.

Thanks for your time and generosity!

Have a fantatsic Christmas.

Ra-ey

Symphony Nitris v7, Media Composer v7, Artist Color, ISIS v4.1, Unity MediaNetwork v5.4, Sapphire v6.1, Boris Continuum Complete v8.1.1, AvidFX... [view my complete system specs]

Media Composer 6 Certified User

Media Composer 6 Certified Professional

ra-eysaleh.com

LinkedIn

Showreel

• Sun, Jan 30 2011 7:29 AM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,667
    • Points 223,915
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Here we are in 2011 and total views for the 2 tutorial series is well past a quarter of a million.
    As a little thanks to all of you who pop in here and take a look from time to time I have added a brand new tutorial link.

The tutorial is in the form of a little exercise for any of you who is curious about trying to break the Drag & Drop habit and get used to using the keyboard a little more.
    By working your way through the tutorial - which shows an easy way of setting up a simple effect - you can get a feel for this other aspect of editing.

The tutorial is not hosted here on the Avid site, but is on my Techsmith Screencast site.

HERE IT IS

Hope that it inspires a lot of you, especially recent migrants who are still wary of leaving the safe slow world of 100% Drag & Drop. Geeked

Regards,
    Douglas

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

Page 8 of 11 (165 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last »

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller