Latest post Fri, May 8 2009 5:16 PM by seedavework. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, May 8 2009 5:16 PM

Locator info move from Subclip to Master Clip

I'm getting ready to start editing a new project and I'm trying to find the most efficient way to log my material.  I've been experimenting with the locator feature as a means to describe events that happen on my documentary footage. I have discovered that if I add a locator to a master clip and if I create a sub clip from that master clip the locator is transferred to the sub clip, but if I create a locator in a sub clip that locator does not appear when I view the master clip. Is there a way to synchronize locators in some clips back to the master clips?

Also when creating locators while playing material in the composer window is there a way to select the "OK" button to leave the notation area without using the mouse.  What I'm trying to accomplish is using the keyboard to shuttle my media and set the locator using voice recognition software called MacSpeech Dictate to make my notes and then using my keyboard to regain control of my media. I have played around with key macro software that might do the trick but if I can select the "OK" button without the mouse I don't know that I will need it.

I'm also planning on transcribing the dialogue with voice recognition and I'm looking for the most efficient way to get it time code matched to the footage. I have not yet experimented with a script sync,  but I thought that might be one option. I've used a voice recognition software before speaking timecode and then dialogue into an Excel spreadsheet, but it would be more efficient if I could do everything in avid or a lest speak into a text file and have Avid mach it up.

If anyone has any suggestions I would be interested in them.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller