Latest post Fri, Jan 13 2006 2:48 AM by hbrock. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jan 12 2006 10:17 PM

• aaron leyland
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • vancouver, bc
    • Posts 13
    • Points 215

NTSC has Setup - to be checked or unchecked?

hey guys,
    just had a film transfer yesterday and i'm going to begin capturing off mini dv tapes. i talked to the colourist and showed him some work we did in the past and we wondered why some our colours were washed. he told us it could be a setup problem in our NLE (xpress pro and fcp) and that setup is being added to the video. so i'm wondering if i should uncheck "NTSC has setup."

i believe my deck (dsr 11 has remove setup option) and the tape, since its digital has no setup. duh. anyways, do i need setup, i'm not dealing with any analog footage, just mini dv and further down the road digital betcam. thanks!
    xpress pro hd on a pc. xpress pro on a powerbook. [view my complete system specs]
    aaronleyland.com
  • Fri, Jan 13 2006 2:48 AM In reply to

• hbrock
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Santa Monica, CA
    • Posts 5,541
    • Points 64,320
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro Mac
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: NTSC has Setup - to be checked or unchecked?

That setting affects the analog outputs on the Mojo. Digital and analog sources in the NTSC world will have different black levels. You have to deal with that either during capture or by using the color corrector. If you turn the set up off you'll start seeing messages stating that you seem to be doing a Japanese NTSC project. Just leave it on. Be aware that if you're using the DSR-11 to feed your NTSC monitor you should adjust the black level to accommodate black without setup as that is what the DSR-11 puts out, I believe.
    MacPro, MacBook Pro and a Cube (masquerading as a kleenex dispenser). [view my complete system specs]

Must think of something clever to go here...

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller