Latest post Wed, May 6 2009 2:25 AM by general_failure. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Apr 22 2009 8:19 PM

• MiamiSteve
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, May 24 2007
    • Miami, FL
    • Posts 168
    • Points 2,090

Non video related question

I know this isn't video related but maybe those connected with Avid can do something.  Is it possible to have the "forums" button on the new web site home page like before?  Kind of sucks to have to search to find it.  Just my 2 pennies worth.

Media Composer 8.1 * 2013 Mac Pro 3.5GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5, 32 GB Memory * OSX 10.9.5 * Blackmagic UltraStudio 4k * Lacie 4TB Thunderbolt Drive [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Apr 22 2009 10:05 PM In reply to

Re: Non video related question

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the feedback. The new Avid.com redesign is meant to convey all aspects of the company coming together under one brand. Since this Community site is primarily Video-centric, it makes sense to have it accessible by clicking the "Video" link in the middle gray bar.

You can always reach this site directly by typing community.avid.com.

Regards,

Adam

• Fri, May 1 2009 8:30 AM In reply to

• gumbycat99
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jun 6 2008
    • Auckland, New Zealand
    • Posts 588
    • Points 7,005

What about adding a "community" or "forums" heading into the box at the bottom of the page, with all the different forums listed?

then people new to the Avid website would find it more easily.

cheers

Campbell

8.5 on a mongrel PC, Win 7, QT7.5, Nvidia GTX 970, 16Gb RAM, SSD, NAS for raw media and a Macbook Pro [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, May 1 2009 8:57 AM In reply to

Seriously, every part of the site is now harder to locate.  Simple one-click buttons liker "Products" are now gone.  The pull-down menu (a supposed replacement) has video near the very bottom, and then not even visable unless you scroll down.  On the Support page, the Downlaod Center is cleverly hidden.  It's buried under "Video".  It should be on the front page.

C'mon guys, a web-site should be absolutely simple to use, with redundant buttons if necessary to make sure everything is quick and easy to find.  It doesn't matter how "nice & pretty" it looks if the things people need are not readily available.

This is a huge step backward.

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

• Wed, May 6 2009 2:25 AM In reply to

Explore...

1. Education

2. Home Enthusiasts

3. Artists and Creative Pros

4. Picture and Sound Facilities

5. Broadcast

6. Corporate, Government  & Non-Profit

I think they have their priorities...

Huh?, g_f

Dell Precision m6400, Intel QX9300 2,5GHz Quadcore, nVidia QuadroFX 3700@1GB, 4GB RAM, M-Box2, MC 3.5.1 Software Only, ProTools LE 8cs2, WindowsXP 32bit... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller