Latest post Fri, Dec 18 2009 6:44 PM by mcatalena. 20 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Apr 22 2009 2:29 PM

• marrian
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 7 2006
    • Posts 49
    • Points 625

Exception: Failed to initialize audio hardware

I'm going to quote a previous poster to start:
    "I started with the 14 day trial, bought the upgrade and wanted to keep my dongle.  The system works fine, but every time it starts I get the warning that software activation failed, I click OK, it goes to the activation page, I choose that I want to keep using my dongle and away we go."
    The thread recommended that I uninstall and re-install the Avid.  I did that using the original purchased software (3.0) and am now re-downloading the upgrade to 3.5 from my.avid.com.  The problem is that when I just want to test to see if 3.0 works, it doesn't.  When the Mojo is plugged in, I get "Your hardware has detected a power up error.  Please quit the application and power cycle the hardware".  When it's not plugged in, I get "Exception: Failed to initialize audio hardware".  The only thing I can see being the problem is my version of Quicktime...which is not compatible with MC3.0.  Is that most likely the problem?  If once the upgrade to 3.5 is downloaded and I install that, will my problems be solved? 

• Wed, Apr 22 2009 2:54 PM In reply to

• marrian
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 49
    • Points 625

Re: Exception: Failed to initialize audio hardware

Problem solved with the upgrade BUT now there's another issue.  Any sequences that I open with the color correction effect on it shuts the avid down.  also, when i try to go into CC mode, i get the error:

"Exception:: AParamItem::UniqueIdentifierToParamID - unable to convert UID to paramID"

Please help...

• Wed, Apr 22 2009 2:57 PM In reply to

• mmullen
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 13 2008
    • Haverhill, MA
    • Posts 572
    • Points 6,530

It's possible.

I haven't seen this so maybe someone else knows better butin general you want to get to the supported config that way you eliminate as many variables as possible.  that way if ou still get the error you know its not just a simple system spec.

I'd also make sure you do a complete uninstall by not only uninstalling from the uninstaller but also removing the Media Composer Folder(s).

Maunal uninstall instructions are here:

http://www.avid.com/cgi/kbase-redir.aspx?p_faqid=76810&p_created=1224260330&p

You'll also want to back up you attic, projects, AVX folder and anything else that you may not want to lose.

-Matt M.

• Wed, Apr 22 2009 3:10 PM In reply to

• mmullen
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Haverhill, MA
    • Posts 572
    • Points 6,530

marrian:

Problem solved with the upgrade BUT now there's another issue.  Any sequences that I open with the color correction effect on it shuts the avid down.  also, when i try to go into CC mode, i get the error:

"Exception:: AParamItem::UniqueIdentifierToParamID - unable to convert UID to paramID"

Please help...

If you start a new project and apply the effect does it work?  What if you try a new Avid user?

-Matt M.

• Wed, Apr 22 2009 3:49 PM In reply to

• marrian
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 49
    • Points 625

New project.  same problem.
    New user.  same problem.

• Wed, Apr 22 2009 4:03 PM In reply to

• marrian
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 49
    • Points 625

I saw this thread:

http://community.avid.com/forums/p/70462/394003.aspx#394003

and I have a feeling it's something I need to uninstall and then re-install...BUT I don't have sapphire plug-ins, so what could it be?

• Wed, Apr 22 2009 4:10 PM In reply to

• mmullen
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Haverhill, MA
    • Posts 572
    • Points 6,530

I would try a complete uninstall reinstall of the MC software. 

-Matt M.

• Thu, May 14 2009 6:09 AM In reply to

• rude3i6
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, May 14 2009
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

I'm having the exact same issue - upgraded from 3.0 to 3.5, opened fine the first time.  The second, I imported some p2 media from my HVX.  The second I hit the color correction view, I got the "unable to convert UID to paramID" error. After two unintall/reinstalls I opened a brand new project on a different drive.  Same thing.  Now I can't even open the project without getting this error.  At this point, Avid is not letting me do anything.  

Has anyone figured this out?  I'm dying over here.

• Tue, May 26 2009 8:25 PM In reply to

• rickyune
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, May 26 2009
    • Posts 1
    • Points 25

I've got the same problem as the guys above. We upgraded from 3.0 to 3.5 & are getting the "unable to convert UID to paramID" error at every attempt to open a file with any color correction in it. Alternatively it says that the color correction in a sequence will need to be promoted & a new sequence will be created. at this point Avid crashes altogether (the error in main bus etc error). 

We'd just upgraded to Mac OS 10.5.7 & thought that might be the issue so we downgraded to 10.5.6 - same issue.

I've tried to transcode a sequence but the error is retained in the new one - & i can't find anything online about a solution. 

Any help would be very appreciated!

Kieran

• Mon, Jul 20 2009 4:31 PM In reply to

• switthaus
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Cobbs Creek, VA
    • Posts 2,256
    • Points 30,505

any definitive solution to this problem?

Scott Witthaus

Owner/Editor/Post Production Supervisor 1708 Editorial

http://vimeopro.com/1708editorial/1708-editorial

• Mon, Jul 20 2009 11:08 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,675
    • Points 224,025
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Scott,

Working on it..... I do know that it is reported on mac only and has something to do with promoting Colour Effects in 3.5.x. Keyframing.    One issue in Europe was resolved by a reinstall of Mac OS and Avid application.

Renier in ur Pinewood office offered to find out about the other tomorrow and report back..... I also flew this up the engineering flagpole today.

Ping me on IM after say 10 and I should know more....

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Mon, Jul 20 2009 11:09 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,675
    • Points 224,025
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Kieran

My apologies for not responding sooner.  I was in and out last week with family issues - I dont want you to think I was ignoring you and responding to Scott.  

I'll report back on the thread tomorrow.

marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Tue, Jul 21 2009 3:19 AM In reply to

• switthaus
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Cobbs Creek, VA
    • Posts 2,256
    • Points 30,505

Marianna:
    I do know that it is reported on mac only and has something to do with promoting Colour Effects in 3.5.x. Keyframing

Hey Marianna -

One other thing.  This was not a promoted CC effect.  Brand new project, brand new user settings, just trying to go to CC mode under the Toolset menu....I will dig into it more tomorrow.

Scott Witthaus

Owner/Editor/Post Production Supervisor 1708 Editorial

http://vimeopro.com/1708editorial/1708-editorial

• Tue, Aug 4 2009 4:07 AM In reply to

• Drew Sommer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 10 2008
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 6
    • Points 70

I get this same error when adding a timecode effect on a video track. Avid 3.5.4, OS 10.5.7. Once I get the error, the effect icon goes away, but the effect stays, but trying to play the sequence or change any attributes and I get the error, and if I close the seq, I can not re-open it on the timeline, Error comes up and the sequence can no longer be used.

I tried duplicating sequence to no avail. Really need timecode effect to work, any and all help much appreciated.

Work - MacPro 4.1, 2.93 8core, 10.6.2, 6x2GB RAM, 1TB 7200 RPM BOOT, GT 120 - Avid MC 4.0.5 - Unity 5.2 - Native XDCAM HD 50MB(import) workflow. HOME... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Oct 2 2009 3:04 PM In reply to

• Aaron
    • Not Ranked
    • Albany, NY
    • Posts 7
    • Points 65

I'm having the same problem with the 4.0.2 demo.  Before dowloading it, I checked the Avid version matrix.  Upgraded my OS to 10.5.8, and QT to 7.6.2. 

Installed the demo, and something's VERY wrong.

My project opens, but the moment I try to load a sequence, I get

"unable to convert UID to paramID"

and then:

"Bus error" in thread "MainThread" at address 0x0

Then Avid crashes.

Any ideas as to what's happening?

Software: Avid Media Composer 8.3 Mac Pro (Early 2009) - 2x2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon; 14 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 RAM Video Card: nVidia GEForce GT 120... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller