Latest post Thu, Jul 16 2009 9:37 PM by ttlphotography. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 4 2009 2:03 PM

BFX error code: 25

Good Morning all;

Have a slight problem this morning. came in, duplicated my sequence as normal to get rolling today.

I have noticed a new error i have yet to have the "privilege" of coming across.

BFX error code: 25

i did a search but couldnt find much info.

I went back to my original sequence from offline that i decomposed and batch captured from. The error message isnt there at the timecode locations it pops up on. I checked yesterdays sequence and it is there as well. 

If it matters, it only applies and shows up with 1 particular effect. That being the "BCC film process" effect. It doesnt matter which video track its on or in what other combination of other efx it is with. I can remove the BCC film process effect from the timeline and everything else is still intact and looks as it should. It just happens to be this 1 effect that seems to be the gremlin.

I have had other offline editors use that effect on other shows without issue and it appears to be functioning on the base original sequence that all my duplicates have been made from each successive day.

So is it a glitch, a memory issue, corrupt file data? 

any assistance would be appreciated 

thanks

tom

• Wed, Mar 4 2009 2:51 PM In reply to

Re: BFX error code: 25

ok guys. figured this 1 out on my own. YAY!

so that there is a solution along with the thread title so that if others come across it, there will be some results with a search . . . . .  the trick in this case is to be sure that under the general controls tab or drop down within the efx editor, be sure to select "safe levels". We all should be doing this anyway, but if the values of the parameters are outside a certain range, it appears that AVID doesnt like it and has a tantrum and gives the "bfx error code: 25" message.

• Wed, May 13 2009 7:38 PM In reply to

• mmullen
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 13 2008
    • Haverhill, MA
    • Posts 572
    • Points 6,530

TTL

Thanks for this information, I'm going to see if maybe this is an issue on the Boris end.

-Matt M.

• Wed, May 13 2009 8:04 PM In reply to

• mmullen
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Haverhill, MA
    • Posts 572
    • Points 6,530

Also,

specifics on how to reproduce the crash would prove helpful...

Sequence length

Effect duration

presets used

project type

resolution

etc.

-Matt M.

• Sun, May 31 2009 3:07 PM In reply to

sequence length is generally in the 52 minute range. all of these programs are long form cable broadcast shows that time out to 44:50 for domestic client delivery. then some nuts and bolts things for international distribution make up the other 7-8 minutes of the end of the sequence. Although im not totally convinced that the time has much of anything to do with this particular problem.

Effect duration can last from a short of less than 1 second or can be as long as 30-40 seconds+ depending on the length of the re-creation scene being depicted.

presets used are basic parameters for the particular effect but the particular parameters that cause the code error vary by the style of the offline editor cutting the show.

project type is a 720p 59.94 project. 

resolution is the HD DXnHD avid standard

since the original problem came up, a few other "fixes" have worked as well. On occasion, selecting "safe levels" doesnt always do the trick. Ive had to actually change the type of effect to something different, have that work, then go back to the original effect with safe levels selected and then it will work fine. I am at home now posting this but will update it with a specific example monday morning with an actual effect name and the choices made to make it work properly.

• Mon, Jun 1 2009 2:40 PM In reply to

• mmullen
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Haverhill, MA
    • Posts 572
    • Points 6,530

ttlphotography:

since the original problem came up, a few other "fixes" have worked as well. On occasion, selecting "safe levels" doesnt always do the trick. Ive had to actually change the type of effect to something different, have that work, then go back to the original effect with safe levels selected and then it will work fine. I am at home now posting this but will update it with a specific example monday morning with an actual effect name and the choices made to make it work properly.

If you can post or send me those specifics I can try to recreate it

-Matt M.

• Thu, Jul 16 2009 8:34 PM In reply to

• Doc Avid
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Jul 17 2006
    • Los Angeles / Hollywood
    • Posts 2,321
    • Points 25,890

I am seeing the same problem-  same effect,   DNxHD 145,  720p/59.94,  XP system, Composer 3.1.1

Safe levels had no effect.

need a fix, or BCC gets ripped out, folks.

JDS

So many systems, so little space. So... everything Avid and a Hyundai Veloster Turbo. [view my complete system specs]

Jeff Sengpiehl ACSR Mac/PC/Unity/ISIS Los Angles CA AIM Docavid - Yahoo Docavid Join the Avid-L- It is ALL there: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2 http://tinyurl.com/zl6ez http://tinyurl.com/27qw4o for your Iphone

• Thu, Jul 16 2009 9:37 PM In reply to

Doc;

try this "solution".

in my dealings with this issue, ive found a couple things to watch or keep an eye on and a relatively simple work around.

first and foremost, keep an eye on the percentage level of your ram use. I notice that on my system, when the ram useage gets upwards of around 75% and higher that the system as an overall deal, starts to get sluggish and particularly this effect and a couple others start tossing that bfx code error message.

a couple things to try to make it go away.

exit media composer and relaunch the program thus clearing your ram. If you have any color corrections and so forth saved in the work palette in the color correction mode those will get dumped sadly.

2nd fix to try before just throwing arms up and losing data stored in the work area and the ram is to open the efx editor window and see what particular effect is selected in the menu. Meaning for example, is a a "bleach bypass", or something else. Ive found that if you just select some other filter just above or below the 1 tossing the error, 90% of the time the error message goes away and voilah, theres the video again. At this point you can then go back to the original filter and select it again and things should stay intact. If it tosses the error again, then at that point i exit media composer and relaunch and things generally  go back to "normal".

so i personally think that its a unique problem to certain efx within boris in relation to the amoutn or ram useage going on at that particular time. Its not an overall boris "problem." Just 1 of those quarky annoyances that we have to deal with. 

But in a nutshell, try another filter effect within the efx editor and/or exit MC and relaunch and things clear up. Least thats what ive found as a "solution" here on my system.

Im using an HP 8600 tower, MC 3.0.5, XP Pro op sys, DNxHD 145, 720p/59.94.

email me at ttlphotography@cox.net and i can help you further if you need it. Be glad to help if i can. i can email you my cell or office number if talking will be more beneficial.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller