Latest post Fri, Feb 27 2009 11:16 PM by Job ter Burg. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Feb 27 2009 7:10 PM

• aedmonson
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Nov 15 2005
    • Portland, OR
    • Posts 65
    • Points 1,010

FCP Project with P2 Files Imported into Avid

We have a FCP project we've run through Automatic Duck, and successfully imported into Avid.  The problem is that the project includes P2 files.  We have the right P2 files already imported into Avid, but the FCP sequence doesn't recognize them and the P2 files are offline even though the Avid has the P2 files online.  Is there anyway to "batch" P2 clips so the original FCP sequence sees the clips that are already in Avid?  Re-importing P2 Clips and Media from "File" doesn't do the trick.

Avid Media Composer 5.5 - PC [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: ,
  • Fri, Feb 27 2009 7:16 PM In reply to

Re: FCP Project with P2 Files Imported into Avid

Make sure the P2 clips (and the FCP clips) have tapenames, and that these correspond. There's no (re)linking without a tapename.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Feb 27 2009 7:34 PM In reply to

• aedmonson
    • Not Ranked
    • Portland, OR
    • Posts 65
    • Points 1,010

The P3 clips from the FCP sequence have tape names, but the P2 clips imported directly into Avid do no.  We modified one of the "Avid" clips to match the corresponding tape name of the "FCP" clip, then tried a re-link, but nothing happened.

• Fri, Feb 27 2009 9:12 PM In reply to

Did you assign them the same number, or did you assign the actual FCP tape to the Avid clips?

The latter would require that you not create a new tapename, but assign an existing tapename (from the list presented in the Modify subwindows) to the imported clips.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Feb 27 2009 9:31 PM In reply to

• aedmonson
    • Not Ranked
    • Portland, OR
    • Posts 65
    • Points 1,010

We weent the "Modify Clip" route, assigning the existing tape name of the actual FCP tape.

• Fri, Feb 27 2009 11:16 PM In reply to

Darn...

Just to be sure: did you try to relink the sequence?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller