Latest post Wed, Feb 18 2009 5:22 PM by fansfare. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Feb 12 2009 5:28 PM

• fansfare
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 98
    • Points 1,160

AMC 3 - issues

Sorry if this has been covered but I couldn't find it in the extensive search this forum has to offer.

I'm running -

MacPro 2x2.8 Quad Core

4Gigs Ram

OSX 10.5.5

QT 7.5.5

AMC 3.1.2 Adrenaline

I recently (2 days ago) updated to leopard and AMC 3 - I've been waiting for a while to do this.  But here's the dilemma.

I cannot access the deck (Panasonic AJ-D960).  I've updated my keyspan but when I put a tape in the green light appears on the capture tool and it comes through Avid's COmposer window but it still says no deck and I obviously have no control.  And yes I have configured the Deck configuration - and yes it's on DNA and not firewire.

Initially I thought I had uninstalled or upgraded wrongly.  So because I had thought of it anyways I did a full erase and install to blank the slates here.  But with everything reinstalled I'm still having the same issue.

anyone with any ideas.  I've been trying to fix this for 2 days now - and I'm turning to you.  I have 2 other SDI Mojo systems up and running fine - capturing behind me..  but I cannot get this Adrenaline Online machine working properly.

I await any help - and again I apologize if I somehow missed the thread.  

MC 7, MacPro 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5, AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.9.1, Lacie 2big 6TB, QT 10.3 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Feb 12 2009 6:15 PM In reply to

• fansfare
    • Not Ranked
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 98
    • Points 1,160

Re: AMC 3 - issues

Just realized that I'm running an unqualified Graphics card. (ATI Radeon HD 2600)

Could this be the problem?

MC 7, MacPro 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5, AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.9.1, Lacie 2big 6TB, QT 10.3 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Feb 12 2009 6:23 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,405
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Try disconnecting the deck from your DNA and plug it directly into the CPU. See if that gets anything going.

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Thu, Feb 12 2009 6:49 PM In reply to

• fansfare
    • Not Ranked
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 98
    • Points 1,160

I should have mentioned that I'm using the older AJ-D960 deck - there's no FW port.

But Avid still sees the keyspan.  

• Thu, Feb 12 2009 7:32 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,405
    • Avid Employee

So you are going in via SDI? When yo ulook at your netowrk connections in your system prefs, are the keyspan channels active there?

One thing to know, Avid has dropped support for the 28x version of the keyspan. The supported device is now the USA-19HS.

Now, I still use the 28x so I'm not saying this is the problem, just more of an FYI.

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

• Thu, Feb 12 2009 7:45 PM In reply to

• fansfare
    • Not Ranked
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 98
    • Points 1,160

I'm SDI - AES/EBU.  Sd offline/online suite here -

That's funny, I've never seen the Key Serial in the Network settings before.  They are there but are not connected and when I try to connect them it says " modem error occurred.  please verify settings and try again"

weird.  I've never had to configure this before - just occasionally install driver.

• Thu, Feb 12 2009 7:57 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,405
    • Avid Employee

Yeah, if those aren't connected, the Avid won't see them. In the past, when this has happened to me, I just delete those drivers and reinstall. Then, go to the network settings and let the system register the connections.

• Thu, Feb 12 2009 8:13 PM In reply to

• fansfare
    • Not Ranked
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 98
    • Points 1,160

Genius..

Thing is...  I deleted them out of the Network settings, then reinstalled.  When I reloaded the Network settings they wern't there and the system wasn't asking me to register them - weird no?

But I added it off the list to add - then went back into Avid - voila -

I'm telling you BLKDG - I was ready to go outside and pick a fight someone t random.  glad you came to the rescue.

Weird thing is that it still says it's not connected but I'm connected..  I'm not going to stress anymore about it.

thanks so much - it's been a while since I've been uber stumped - And I'll thank leopard for this one..

• Wed, Feb 18 2009 5:22 PM In reply to

• fansfare
    • Not Ranked
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 98
    • Points 1,160

just wanted to add..

I believe the culprit was my user settings - for some reason they became corrupted throughout the process - Reason being: I just imported them and I started receiving the same error messages before about No Deck and problems with the key serial.

Once I deleted the user settings I was golden again - all good.

I wanted to add this as a cause - incase others come across this issue and become frustrated.

cheers

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller