Latest post Wed, Feb 4 2009 12:35 AM by ElEdwards. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jan 29 2009 4:28 PM

• ElEdwards
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 30 2006
    • Posts 80
    • Points 780

PBC Update?

Several times last year, I was told by OAG Support that a new and final update for the DekoMOS Playback was in Beta.  Is there any progress on this?

We have stopped using motions because of the potholes involved since we updated the 3000's to v4.1.2.... and going back to v4.1.1 is NOT an option!

Someone at OAG Support told me that we were able to do motions before due to an error in v4.1.1.  This error was fixed in v4.1.2..... which to me is like, "If it isn't broken, fix it until it is!"

Everything is done through the PBC and we find ourselves crippled now..... and quite frustrated.

El Edwards
    WKYC-TV3
    Cleveland, OH

• Thu, Jan 29 2009 7:58 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,520
    • Points 234,995
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: PBC Update?

El,

I sent a note to the Deko team and have asked that one of them jump in here and answer your post.  I will check back and make sure you received an answer.

Marianna

Director of CSM | Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jan 29 2009 9:02 PM In reply to

Hi El,

Can you please give me a customer support case number, for the issues you have concerns about?  I know you raised this issue on Wizards last week.  There has been a ton of bugs fixed since Deko 4.1.1 - Deko 5.0.2 was released to manufacturing last week.  I can look through the release notes to see if your issue has been fixed.

Thanks,

Joann

• Thu, Jan 29 2009 10:44 PM In reply to

• ElEdwards
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 80
    • Points 780

Joann,

When we updated to v4.1.2 (last Sept) and found that we couldn't do our motions anymore, I called OAG Support immediately.  It's possible that I spoke with Brent but I'm not really sure.

This is when I was told that we had been able to do motions because of an error in v4.1.1.... and that error had been corrected in v4.1.2.  I was told that we should go back to v.4.1.1 which is not an option.  We, like all Gannett stations, no longer have cg operators and it seems to me that doing motions only through the PBC has never really been addressed by Avid; at least no one has ever sent me or directed me to any documentation.

As best I can remember, a case # was not assigned... and I know I was never called back.

El

El Edwards
    WKYC-TV3
    Cleveland, OH

• Wed, Feb 4 2009 12:35 AM In reply to

• ElEdwards
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 80
    • Points 780

Brent at Avid OAG Support called yesterday (Monday) and we'll work together on solving this :)

El Edwards
    WKYC-TV3
    Cleveland, OH

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller