Latest post Sun, Nov 9 2008 5:20 PM by Kenton.VanNatten. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Nov 9 2008 2:22 PM

• unihill
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 20 2008
    • Posts 5
    • Points 145

slow down/speed up footage

What is the most effective way to slow down or speed up footage in mc without adrenaline?

• Sun, Nov 9 2008 2:43 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,268
    • Points 231,960
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: slow down/speed up footage

I'm also a newcomer to Liquid just like you.

You will probably be getting a few very useful replies from those who are more at home with MC.

In the meantime, maybe this will give you some ideas - even though it may not be exactly what you are looking for.

Regards,

Douglas

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Sun, Nov 9 2008 3:12 PM In reply to

• cdumitrescu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Apr 13 2008
    • Bucharest, RO
    • Posts 34
    • Points 475

I think that the fastest way to slow down/speed up a clip is to apply the Trim to Fill effect on the segment and then just trim it to be as long as I need it to be.

If I'm not mistaking the best quality is achieved by using the Timewarp effect, rendered in FluidMotion mode. It also provides a lot more flexibility by using keyframes.

Cheers,

Chris

MC 3.1.0 software-only / Quad Core 3.0Ghz MacPro / 4GB RAM / OSX 10.5.5 || MC 3.0.5 software-only / Core Duo 2.16Ghz MacBook Pro / 2GB RAM / OSX 10... [view my complete system specs]

Cristian Dumitrescu - SiXX

• Sun, Nov 9 2008 3:16 PM In reply to

Fit to fill is one way as Douglas showed.

To speed up you need to apply an effect. You will find it in the effect tab under the name Timewarp. That has a few predefined modes. To be totally free in your actions you should use Timewarp in the timewarp group. You might need some study of the helpfile. But is is a very powerfull effect.

Dell Precision 670, Xeon 3Ghz 3GB Memory 1 x 250 systemdisk, Gb 2x500 Gb datadisks, 4x 1Tb datadisks, Soundblaster Audigy, Quadro FX 1400, MC latest, Mojo... [view my complete system specs]

http://www.AvidUserGroup.NL fcp2avid

"The Technology Is Not Guilty" - Nicolas Philibert quoted in "Documentary in the digital age" by Maxine Baker (2006)

• Sun, Nov 9 2008 5:20 PM In reply to

unihill:
    What is the most effective way to slow down or speed up footage in mc without adrenaline?

And having Adrenaline hardware or not makes no difference with regard to creating Motion FX.

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller