Latest post Mon, Dec 9 2013 1:11 PM by aennaraema. 16 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jun 27 2008 11:28 PM

Useful Console Commands - Media Composer, NewsCutter or Symphony.

Useful Console Commands

A subset of console commands (P) = Persistent, (NP) = Non-Persistent.

A detailed description of some useful console commands is available below.  Help Commands - List all console commands.

1. To write the full list out to a file, use:
      Log <filename>
      Help Commands
      Log

AcplGpuEffects true - displays current state of ACPL GPU effects processing and if installed graphics card is qualified to do so.

BackRevCC - Allows Nitris and Adrenaline (ver 2.x) Color Correction effects in the currently
    loaded sequence to be saved in a format compatible with Meridien (NP)

CheckSequences - Checks all sequences for internal inconsistencies

DumpFXSummary - Effects contained in a sequence are printed to the Console, new in MC3

DumpSourceSummary - Sources contained in a sequence are printed to the Console, new in
    MC v3  Edo any/acplcpu/acplgpu/hw/sw - "Effect Domain Override" forces effects processing to
    occur in the specified domain.  Any = default. (NP)

RepairSequences - Attempts to repair sequences with internal inconsistencies

Subsys monpane debug - Allows precomputes to be loaded into source window (NP)

ToggleHWDecode - Disables the hardware codecs (NP)

WatchSequence - Continually check the sequence in the timeline for internal inconsistencies,
    popping up a message the moment one is detected.

• Fri, Jun 27 2008 11:59 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,723
    • Points 226,270
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: Useful Console Commands - Media Composer, NewsCutter or Symphony.

Very nice list. Thank you 'O mystery evangelist! Wink

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Sat, Jun 28 2008 12:33 AM In reply to

One more ...

DumpClipSummary - a list of all the clips in the loaded sequence in Numeric and then Alphabetic order.

And, iIf you drag a clip from the bin to the console, it will show you clip info; tracks, if a sub clip, etc.
    Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 & nVidia v331.65, 2TB Boot,... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

• Sat, Jun 28 2008 12:37 AM In reply to

How about adding 

setresizetype

To change the quality of 2D resizing

1.   Press Ctrl+6 (Windows) or ⌘+6 (Macintosh) to open the Console.

2.   Enter the following command into the Console and press return:

setresizetype 9

This Command changes the resize rendering method to polyphase interpolation. This is a high-quality rendering method that dramatically increases the quality of all 2D resizes (including the Picture-in-Picture effect, all the 2D keyers, and the “letterbox” Reformat effects). As this scaling algorithm takes slightly longer to process you will notice a reduction in the number of simultaneous real-time effects that are possible.

3.   To change back to anti-aliased bilinear interpolation, enter the following command into the Console:

setresizetype 8

The quality will also reset to anti-aliased bilinear interpolation when you quit and relaunch the application.

AND    TCBreakTolerance

The console is opened via the Tools menu or by doing a CMD-6 on Mac or CTRL-6 on a PC. Once the console is open:

• type: TCBreakTolerance 3
      • Where 3 is the value of the frame detection (2-12)
    • Then the user hits:  ENTER

This should be entered each time the application is started up as it does not stick. The supported values are 2-12. Users who have tested this feature have found that “3” provided excellent results.

“1” is not allowed as it will return timecode breaks where there are none as it is too sensitive a setting. Users may find that “2” or “4” will work better for their tapes, but the user now has control over that setting.

AND IgnoreQTRate

Type 'IgnoreQTRate true' into the console. Avid then ignores the frame rate of the Quicktime file on import, and brings it in frame-for-frame.  This setting resets to False on a restart of Avid.

• Sat, Jun 28 2008 12:53 AM In reply to

Cool.  Keep your favorites coming, and they can be added to the list.

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 & nVidia v331.65, 2TB Boot,... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    (wwld)

• Tue, Jul 15 2008 11:18 PM In reply to

• editz
    • Not Ranked
    • Eugene, Oregon
    • Posts 190
    • Points 2,360

Um...define "internal inconsistencies".  I have no idea what that term means.

• Tue, Jul 15 2008 11:24 PM In reply to

"... define "internal inconsistencies" ..."

One example would be taking a sequence backward, to an older system.  Some elements of the newer sequence might be nonsense to teh older system.  RepairSequences will strip those out, or make them workable.

(wwld)

• Mon, Jul 27 2009 8:11 PM In reply to

• Mike Fay
    • Not Ranked
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 75
    • Points 890

I've been trying to save a text file of the full list of console commands, but the top of the list always gets truncated in the console window. Thus, when I save the log, I'm always missing commands A-F. I tried typing the following into the console, but couldn't get it to work:

To write the full list out to a file, use: 
    Log <filename> 
    Help Commands 
    Log 

Can anyone explain how to do this? Thanks!

MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5; 8 GB RAM; OS 10.8.3; Media Composer v6.5.2 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jul 27 2009 8:19 PM In reply to

Randall L Rike:

"... define "internal inconsistencies" ..."

One example would be taking a sequence backward, to an older system.  Some elements of the newer sequence might be nonsense to the older system.

I've noticed that Newscutter 7.1.3.2 when right clicking on a sequence, has a new option "Create compatible copy..." which is intended to make sequences fully compatible with older versions of the application.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Tue, Jul 28 2009 4:51 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,718
    • Points 113,695
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

From the Avid Knowledge Base

How could I list all console commands?[243109]
    http://avid.force.com/pkb/LegacySearch?DocId=243109

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Tue, Jul 28 2009 4:54 PM In reply to

"... Create compatible copy ..."

Finally, a formal version of "repairsequences"

(wwld)

• Mon, Feb 8 2010 6:44 PM In reply to

• Luchiwan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jun 23 2008
    • Posts 3
    • Points 35

There´s any way to make a command automaticly run at startup?

For example to have ForceHDTranscode active from the beginning of the session.

• Wed, Mar 10 2010 2:12 PM In reply to

• Fish
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Oct 15 2005
    • Filet Post, Halifax NS
    • Posts 472
    • Points 5,745

The Precompute command is awesome (why isn't that default?)

:)

2012 Westmere MacPro 2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon) 6 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024 MB As of Jan 2015 - OS X 10.9.5 (13F34) [view my complete system specs]

AVID man, AVID fan (since 1993 with version 4.5 - before multiple tracks!)...like to solve my own problems and I try not to bother anyone unless I'm really stumped.

• Fri, Oct 22 2010 1:03 PM In reply to

• nigelad
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • London UK
    • Posts 462
    • Points 5,330
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video
      Avid Certified User

*Bump*

What a great thread!

ISIS 5500, with Interplay Production bundle, MC 8.6.1 & PT 12.5.1 on Mac OS X.11.3 with BM Mini-Monitors. Running on 2013 Mac Pros and 2016 21"... [view my complete system specs]

Less IS More!

• Thu, Apr 12 2012 1:04 PM In reply to

• Johnny Diesel
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 29 2007
    • Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 60
    • Points 635

RE: How could I list all console commands?[243109]
    http://avid.force.com/pkb/LegacySearch?DocId=243109

This did not work for me, the file was blank. However, from another thread is a way to list and save all Console commands that definitely works in v.6:

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/8805.aspx

"Go to Console fast menu and select "Open log file". Select where you want your logfile stored. In the commandline type "help commands" and when the scrolling is over go to fast menu and select "Close log file" and bingo you have a copy of all console commands (nearly). There is a good document by Paul Samsons describing some of the most used commands . It can be found here. Bet regards. Beent"

Homebuilt: Win 10 on Asus X99-E WS/USB 3.1, Xeon E5-1650 v3 at 3.5 GHZ 6-core, 32 GB DDR4 RAM, Nvidia Quadro M4000, Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K. Canopus... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller