Latest post Thu, Jun 26 2008 5:34 PM by BLKDOG. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jun 26 2008 5:27 PM

• Joachim Claus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Seeheim-Jugenheim, Germany
    • Posts 931
    • Points 11,910

MC 3.0 and tape deck setting

I have installed MC 3.0 and tested capturing of HDV 720P/50 (JVC GY-HD200, and JVC BR-HD50). Neither with the camcorder nor with the tape deck I could successfully capture a video tape. I get many failures during capture, saying "capture incomplete..." and gives the choice between discar and keep the so far captured clip. I tried several different recorder settings with no success.

Anotherr small issue is, that MC does not start properly, after it was closed and the tape recorder or camcorder are switched off. MC hangs in step "Configuring Digital I/O System". Immediately when I switch the recorder on, MC start-up continues properly. With tape recorder switched off, I have to re-boot the system and then start MC. It then does not hang and continues start-up. When I select the project, it loads the parameters and shows an error message saying, that the recorder is not properly connected. I click o.k. and MC runs fine without the recorder beineg switched on. I cann close MC and re-start it without hanger.

Joachim

SuperMicro Workstation 7048A-T Dual Xeon (10 cores) E5-2640v4 2.4GHz 128 GB RAM, PNY P4000, 1 PCIe SSD 400 GB (Intel SSDPEDMW400G4) 1 SSD 2 TB for UHD... [view my complete system specs]

Joachim Claus

• Thu, Jun 26 2008 5:34 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: MC 3.0 and tape deck setting

I may be wrong, 'cause all these varied cameras/recording formats hurt my head, but I don't think that JVC camera is supported.

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller