Latest post Wed, Jun 18 2008 9:12 PM by camoscato. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jun 18 2008 8:02 PM

• MacCruzer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Nov 28 2006
    • Posts 5
    • Points 75

C_Drive died.?.?

Hey Guys,

I know this will be a quick answer. I will eather be on the ground crying or on my jumping on my desk for joy.

All my media is on my G-Raids.  My OS(XP Pro) has crashed (first time my editor OS has died in years). Thought I was alright, because my media is safe.  Booted MC 3.0 and to my suprise no scanning media, no projects and no media within AVID.  Am I SOL? Did I just lose along with my OS all my projects????   :(

Thank you guys

• Wed, Jun 18 2008 8:12 PM In reply to

• MacCruzer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Nov 28 2006
    • Posts 5
    • Points 75

Re: C_Drive died.?.?

To add.

Since I had to do a fresh start on the OS I went ahead and did the 3.0 upgrade and all I have installed so far is the MC 3.0 installer and dongle updater. so I might be missing somthing there.

thanks again.

• Wed, Jun 18 2008 8:13 PM In reply to

• GCapps
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • San Diego
    • Posts 36
    • Points 550

I presume you saved your projects on a different drive than c: ? I'm sure someone here will be able to tell you how to force refresh your media databases.. and once you point to the projects folder you should be ok...

we back up our avid project folder nightly, just in case disaster strikes.. I can always redig. my media if absolutely necessary

Media Composer Ultimate 2019.8 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jun 18 2008 9:09 PM In reply to

• timcappalli
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Mar 30 2008
    • Rhode Island
    • Posts 40
    • Points 565

As far as i know, if you delete the two database files in the OMFI Media folder and the MXF folder, it will force a rebuild. That has worked for me, but wait to see if someone else answers.

HP Compaq 8710w Mobile Workstation Intel Core2Duo @ 2.40 4GB RAM Media Composer 5.0.0 Windows 7 Enterprise 32 Nvidia Quadro FX 1600M ... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jun 18 2008 9:12 PM In reply to

Hi,

The answers you've gotten thus far are good ones.  If you backed up your project files (found in the Avid Projects folder), you should be able to restore everything.

If you didn't back up your project files, then you're in trouble.

good luck,
    Carl

Media Composer 2020.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller