Latest post Wed, Oct 19 2005 8:10 PM by AK-Jake. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Oct 18 2005 5:32 PM

• Zacbray
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Love Worth Finding Ministries / Bartlett, TN
    • Posts 111
    • Points 1,650

Marquee question

Is there a way to actually see the keyframes in the marquee timeline?  I have tried to place them and set attributes for different things but I get nothing.  I can get things to move but I just need to know if (like every other program) you can see the keyframes.

Thanks

Fred Matthews Spot Producer Love Worth Finding Ministries
  • Tue, Oct 18 2005 9:39 PM In reply to

• Zacbray
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 111
    • Points 1,650

Re: Marquee question

More questions. 

Why is it that when I place a light source on the timeline that it affects text that is is not even touching?  I have three lines of text on my page.  Two at the top and one at the bottom.  The top have one light on them and starts at 00:00 on the timeline.  The bottom has two light and starts at 02:00 on the timeline.  When the bottom lights come on, the top text chnages color even though the lights are not touching them.  What is up with this?

I really want to use Marquee but it does not seem to be very user friendly thus far.  Anyone on here using it succesfully that can throw a few pointers my way?

Thanks

• Wed, Oct 19 2005 3:36 AM In reply to

• AK-Jake
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Anchorage, AK
    • Posts 2,576
    • Points 32,130

Fred-

Have you gone through the tutorials in the Marquee User's Manual?  If not, have a gander:  http://www.avid.com/onlinesupport/supportcontent.asp?productID=0&contentID=5158&typeID

Marquee has been accused of not being very user friendly since its inception.  To some extent, I have to agree that it's not.  However, once you spend a few hours with it and get over the learning curve, it's a great application.  It also can be hampered by insanely long render times, so don't get too carried away with your titles, unless you're willing to render while you sleep!

Steve Bayes, a former Avid Product designer (now working for Media 100), has started a company called ArtFXual.  Their first product is "Marquee Demystified," which is a DVD tutorial set.  It's incredible.  It's also expensive:  $295.  Keep in mind that they have dropped the price down from $600!  Have a look:  http://www.artfxual.com  If you're serious about learning Marquee and want to spend some money on a tutorial DVD, it's worth every penny.

I'm not in front of my Avid right now, so if the Tutorials in the Users Manual don't answer your questions, then I'll have to sit down and see if I can reproduce what it is you're struggling with and help you solve your problem.

Take care.

Avid Symphony Nitris 3.x (DNA), HP xw8400, 3TB Avid Media-Array; Avid Xpress Studio HD Complete 5.1.3, HP xw8000, dual-3.06 ghz Xeon's; 2 GB of RAM;... [view my complete system specs]

When 900 years old YOU reach, look as good, YOU'LL not!!  Hmmm?

• Wed, Oct 19 2005 8:00 PM In reply to

• Zacbray
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 111
    • Points 1,650

My boss has shoveled out cash for AE and photoshop DVD training videos but $300 for a title tool may not slide.  I will try those tutorials and see if that helps me any. 

I have another question.  Why can't I extend Marquee to my second monitor?  I would like to have the space to see more windows as with other applications.  Is there a way to so this?

Thanks

• Wed, Oct 19 2005 8:10 PM In reply to

• AK-Jake
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Anchorage, AK
    • Posts 2,576
    • Points 32,130

I don't think you can.  I've never been able to.  Quite frankly, we could both be doing something wrong, but it doesn't appear that way.  Anyone else who knows how to do this (if it can be done), feel free to pipe up.

The users manual for Marquee will answer your questions about finding and adjusting individual keyframes.  You've got to enter Animation Mode to do it. 

The Marquee DVD set from ArtFXual I told you about includes a whole bunch of other stuff, not just a DVD tutorial.  It includes cool templates (for awesome looking titles), among other stuff.  You're right, the price is still too high, but it's still a remarkable learning tool.

Good luck.

Avid Symphony Nitris 3.x (DNA), HP xw8400, 3TB Avid Media-Array; Avid Xpress Studio HD Complete 5.1.3, HP xw8000, dual-3.06 ghz Xeon's; 2 GB of RAM;... [view my complete system specs]

When 900 years old YOU reach, look as good, YOU'LL not!!  Hmmm?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller