Latest post Sun, Oct 16 2005 8:44 PM by Baklap. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Oct 16 2005 8:40 PM

• james4ihl
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • UK
    • Posts 57
    • Points 725

Fix the Logging Bug in Xpress Pro HD

I, along with many other users, apparently, am having an issue with Sony decks during logging and capture. When you pause the deck, you get a horrible audio 'jitter'. Looking back through the old forums, this came about when Xpress Pro became HD (v.5.x). I could not however, find any resolutions (that work) to this issue posted anywhere in the forums or knowledge base.

I'm now experiencing it on a brand new Xpress Pro Studio HD Essentials system, so I can only assume it was never fixed. This is ridiculous - I didn't have this issue in Xpress DV two years ago with the same deck (DSR-11) - XPSHD costs roughly three times as much and I can't log without an unbearable sound emanating from the speakers when I pause the deck.

There is still nothing listed in supported deck configurations under this, or any other Sony deck as far as I can see. That in itself is rather annoying because I checked them before assuming that this deck would be a wise purchase for the system.

Now would be a lovely time to fix this as I have a lot of logging to do!

TIA
    James

Xpress Studio HD Essentials HPxw8200 3.4GHz DP/ 2GB RAM Quadro FX-1400 2x500GB Internal HDD G-Raid 500GB external partitioned to 2x200GB and 1x100GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Oct 16 2005 8:44 PM In reply to

• Baklap
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Hilversum - The Netherlands
    • Posts 6,943
    • Points 82,395
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro PC

Re: Fix the Logging Bug in Xpress Pro HD

James can you tell me how to recreate it? I'm at the office tomorrow and have acces to a DSR1500P, a DSR40, DSR11 and Studio complete, and a HD mojo system. I would love to try and see if it's the case at my system. If so i will personaly send a question to tech support with the same question as i'm asking you. Recreate and if recreatable it's officialy a bug Smile [:)]

Menno

35 MC's - 224TB Isis - 2.2 PB Spectra T950 - Interplay - 2 Media Central's - Media Director - 3 TM's - 2 STP's - 80 TB Isilon - 2 Vantage... [view my complete system specs]

Twitter Account

"If you do what you did you will get what you got!"

My Keys

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller