Latest post Sun, Oct 16 2005 11:02 PM by BLKDOG. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Oct 16 2005 6:08 PM

• GGP
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Oct 16 2005
    • New York
    • Posts 9
    • Points 135

Mojo Magic Dashboard

No way to really see if your Mojo is working.  You have to plug something in or run some tests and the best way I think would be able to monitor Mojo in realtime because Avid is a realtime system and it just makes sense?  

As far as the Mojo dashboard that hasn't been built yet,  I understand why someone might not want to waste a couple of cycles on the status bar or whatever Digitaldesign can create,  but how about making everyone happy and giving us an option to have a Mojo status and leave it on/off?   Doesn't have to be fancy... Might have green/yellow/red lights.  Might say, processing realtime effects.  Might say lost Firewire connection (so you don't have to look at the front of your Mojo.)  

I'm sure we could all use one more realtime effect called 'Mojo Magic Dashboard'   Just a thought anyway...

Intel Board with dual 2.4GHz Xeons C: drive 73GB SCS D: drive 73GB SCSI E: drive 240 GB SCSI Raid 0/1 2GB RAM Dual 17" LCD monitors 1 Terabyte USB... [view my complete system specs]
    http://digitalvideosite.com Glen Gilbert Productions
  • Sun, Oct 16 2005 8:36 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Huh? [:^)] Re: Mojo Magic Dashboard

Exactly what type of staus are you looking for? If the splash screen is displayed, the Mojo is on and functioning. Doyou need more that that?
    Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Sun, Oct 16 2005 8:41 PM In reply to

• Baklap
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Hilversum - The Netherlands
    • Posts 6,943
    • Points 82,395
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro PC

Re: Mojo Magic Dashboard

i see my PVM flicker twice... and mojo is on, i see realtime full res in sync output on the PVM and i know mojo is on, i drop 6 fx nested on th etimeline and alter keyframes and play out full res and i know mojo is on Smile [:)] I realy would not know if i would want to continue without my mojo Big Smile [:D]

Menno

35 MC's - 224TB Isis - 2.2 PB Spectra T950 - Interplay - 2 Media Central's - Media Director - 3 TM's - 2 STP's - 80 TB Isilon - 2 Vantage... [view my complete system specs]

Twitter Account

"If you do what you did you will get what you got!"

My Keys

• Sun, Oct 16 2005 9:17 PM In reply to

• GGP
    • Not Ranked
    • New York
    • Posts 9
    • Points 135

• OK,  is there a good two way connection?  If so hows the speed?
    • Is Mojo in need of more resources? (think task manager in Windows)
    • How many realtime effects is it handling?  Am I running into a bottleneck on my firewire?
    • What ports are currently active and what ports are currently not on the back of the Mojo.
    • How about a virtual look at the back of the Mojo with highlights of what is on and what is off?  What needs correcting?
    • In otherwords,  I have this box working for me and to know the status of what it is doing and if possible and prognostication of what is a problem or not.  I like the graphical as well which is consistant with any monitoring software.

Intel Board with dual 2.4GHz Xeons C: drive 73GB SCS D: drive 73GB SCSI E: drive 240 GB SCSI Raid 0/1 2GB RAM Dual 17" LCD monitors 1 Terabyte USB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Oct 16 2005 9:19 PM In reply to

• GGP
    • Not Ranked
    • New York
    • Posts 9
    • Points 135

Baklap wrote- "I realy would not know if i would want to continue without my mojo"

I would never suggest such a thing.  However,  the ability to turn off a monitoring application,  absolutely.

-Glen

• Sun, Oct 16 2005 9:21 PM In reply to

• Baklap
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Hilversum - The Netherlands
    • Posts 6,943
    • Points 82,395
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro PC

ok i can understand why although i don't think it's gonna happen... They do noy have it on Adrenaline systems either i believe...

Menno

35 MC's - 224TB Isis - 2.2 PB Spectra T950 - Interplay - 2 Media Central's - Media Director - 3 TM's - 2 STP's - 80 TB Isilon - 2 Vantage... [view my complete system specs]

Twitter Account

"If you do what you did you will get what you got!"

My Keys

• Sun, Oct 16 2005 11:02 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

"OK, is there a good two way connection? If so hows the speed?"
    There's always a good 2 way if the splash screen is displayed

"Is Mojo in need of more resources? (think task manager in Windows)"
    If the Mojo is working, then it doesn't need more resources. You're looking for a condition which does not exist in the DNA hardware

"How many realtime effects is it handling?"
    How many can you play back?

"What ports are currently active and what ports are currently not on the back of the Mojo."
    All of them, all the time. You simply choose a pipeline in the software.

"How about a virtual look at the back of the Mojo with highlights of what is on and what is off?"
    Just look at your video output tool.
    Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller