Latest post Wed, Jul 22 2020 8:55 AM by luca.mg. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jul 2 2020 1:39 PM

Bins...

LS,

There are a few things that I find annoying about the new bin structure, but one that really gets on my nerves is that I cannot seem to adjust the space that is given to different columns within the bin wondow. The NAME column is much to narrow for me to display the info I want. And Frankly, that you get the whole project diagram attached to whatever bin you open: it's purpose escapes me.

Let's put that aside for the moment and please tell me: can you change the width of a column without a degree in information technology?

Thanks,

Noël

Filed under:
  • Wed, Jul 22 2020 8:55 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,689
    • Points 66,755

Re: Bins...

I second that. I have to add that if You only display a couple of columns, the last one is as wide as the all bin.

Noël van Rens:
    you get the whole project diagram attached to whatever bin you open
    Not only this is a total waste of screen space, but I wonder why there seems to be a "main bin": after linking or importing clips in a given bin the software always goes back to this main bin instead of remaining where the import/link took place. And whenever You open a bin from another project the "Other Bins" dropdown in the bins pane always closes itself, why? It wasn't like that up until MC 2018.x, and it was better conceived, since when You happen to work with bins from different projects You do not want to waste too many clicks and too much time unnecessarily repeating operations.

Symphony 20.06, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller