Latest post Wed, Jul 8 2020 5:28 PM by Job ter Burg. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jul 1 2020 4:29 PM

Audio Clip Levels Wrong on Rendered Audio Clips

Anyone else seeing this?

On 2020.5 and 2020.6 I am experiencing a problematic issue with clip levels and rendered audio clips.

For instance, I add a piece of sound to a sequence, adjust the CLIP level to -20dB, add an EQ effect to take off the low end (50Hz slider all the way down).

As long as the EQ is not rendered, all is fine, but as soon as you render the EQ effect, it appears that the clip level is applied twice, and the resulting playback level is -40dB in stead of -20.

This does not happen on 2020.4, but does happen on 2020.5 and 2020.6.

This also happens with AudioSuite effects.

This is quite an issue, as it is impossible to revise older projects, as a rerender of any audio effects will completely change the mix.

MC 2020.5 and 2020.6, Win 10 Prof, z840 dual E5-2640v4, 64GB RAM, ISIS media storage (project is running on a local drive).

Hope this can be addressed soon, as it is quite a serious bug without any usable workarounds, and a recipe for disaster in specific workflows.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jul 2 2020 4:46 PM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,760
    • Points 48,095
    • Moderator: Avid Media Composer for Liquid
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: Audio Clip Levels Wrong on Rendered Audio Clips

I can reproduce what you're seeing. In 2020.6, I created a new timeline, and dropped a clip onto it. I changed the clip volume and dropped the RT EQ3 effect on it. Sure enough, the clip went silent. After rendering, it still went silent. Then I tried a new timeline, brought up the audio mixer but did NOT change the volume, and dropped the EQ3 effect on to the timeline. The clip also went silent.

However, when I exitted FX mode back to Edit mode, everything worked. So there's an issue there in the effect mode.

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 32Gb, NVidia RTX 2060 Super 8, Win 10 Pro, MC (generally the latest or the one just before) [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

• Thu, Jul 2 2020 5:41 PM In reply to

In 2020.6 this issue only seems to happen on stereo/multichannel clips. On mono clips/tracks, behavior seems normal. A support case has been created.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jul 8 2020 5:28 PM In reply to

Escalated and logged as MCCET-3725.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller