Latest post Sat, May 9 2020 6:39 AM by Pat Horridge. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, May 9 2020 1:09 AM

• dharia
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 19 2008
    • Posts 188
    • Points 2,345

2020.4 DNXHD codec - Network Traffic Dept's accept?

Hi we ship HD 720 and 1080i promos to TNT, TBS, FOX, etc.. they all take certain configurations of DNXHD all set properly and those get uploaded straight and passed through their QC.

But if we used MC 2020.4 and exported DNXHD files for air, won't those traffic deparmtents now have issues reading those files? Since you can't expect they've all installed the latest PE codecs for AVID, their systems might be classic trafficing systems and things.

Also a side question to this. On Catalina you can't use Quicktime 7 to play DNXHD files like you could on Mojave, but with MC 2020.4 installed can you now do that? Play a DNXHD quicktime within Catalina's Quicktime Player?

Any thoughts? 

• Sat, May 9 2020 6:39 AM In reply to

Re: 2020.4 DNXHD codec - Network Traffic Dept's accept?

Those clients that have specs that require legacy codes will need to be sent test files and will eventually have to accept the new formats. 

In the mean time I suspect suppliers will keep a few legacy installs running to convert current codec masters to legacy codec. 

Re Catalina and QT playback. No I expect not. Hasn't Apple QT forced conversion to ProRes for sometime now?

Just use VLC. 

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hostred Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller