Latest post Tue, Nov 19 2019 10:28 PM by Gary C.J.Schweikert. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Nov 19 2019 2:56 AM

Can not activate my licence.

Owning Avid down under (In Australia). 

Its November and my annual licence is due! I must be useless, but again, I can't make it work.

Everything has changed with the process since last year and of course, at midday here, the telephone support for Licensing issues on the local Australian Phone number is diverted to the USA, and it out of office hours.

"Call back during office hours!"

Paid my money, updated my dongle, entered my system ID, entered my activation code.......................Nada!!

Activation Failed: 101 Activation Failed. Activation ID is invalid.

(BTW it gave me the option of saving my payment method but I decided not to check that box ...BUT it would not process the payment because it then said I must to renew subscription)

I'm going to edit on Resolve and wait for someone in the USA to wake up...

I hate November!

2013 MacPro 10.12.3 MC 8.8.0 + Symphony, iMac 27 MC 8.8.0 + Symphony, Anyone want to buy a useless Nitris DX then! [view my complete system specs]

Big Hat

(All Hat, No Cattle)
    Mac Pro 2013

• Tue, Nov 19 2019 6:50 AM In reply to

Re: Can not activate my licence.

Hi Gary,

Since you're not getting anywhere with support, send an email to Marianna Montague (marianna.montague@avid.com) and Raff Condalor (raff.condalor@avid.com).  They are Avid's customer advocates, and can help you.

Media Composer 2020.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Tue, Nov 19 2019 6:57 AM In reply to

Hi Carl, I should say that Marianne (My saviour) saw the post and called me!!!

Thats service..She could not fix the issue, but is going to chase it tomorrow, her time..

Thanks for following it up!

2013 MacPro 10.12.3 MC 8.8.0 + Symphony, iMac 27 MC 8.8.0 + Symphony, Anyone want to buy a useless Nitris DX then! [view my complete system specs]

Big Hat

(All Hat, No Cattle)
    Mac Pro 2013

• Tue, Nov 19 2019 8:21 AM In reply to

She's a trooper, all right! Just for future reference, Raff is in the Philippines, so he's often available when the USA is asleep.

Media Composer 2020.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Tue, Nov 19 2019 10:28 PM In reply to

So, 1:30am....I get a phone call from Licence support, remote access and dongle issue sorted..BUT every time I try to open a project (or create a new project) after opening the application, it crashes.

Mr Licencing support man could not help, so lodged another ticket.

I still hate November..

Big Hat

(All Hat, No Cattle)
    Mac Pro 2013

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller