Latest post Wed, Jul 17 2019 4:57 PM by Dom Q. Silverio. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jul 17 2019 12:42 PM

Avid link with 'a large' number of systems in the account.

Dear Avid,

In general Avid Link is doing what it was designed to do and I'm not having any big issues... besides it still not supporting internet proxy. Anyway...

I wonder if you have ever tried to use it in an account with let's say 40 MC clients and other products? Have you seen how the UI behaves layout wise (columns width, sequence of licenses, missing comments which are present in the account etc) and how the syncing behavior works when activating/deactivating?

It's not the end of the world but it's also not getting an award on design if you ask me.  

Most of the MC/NC, Interplay, Nexis, ISIS, Unity stuff. [view my complete system specs]

Avid reseller ACSR at Telmaco

http://www.telmaco.gr/en/

• Wed, Jul 17 2019 1:45 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,976
    • Points 21,780
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Avid link with 'a large' number of systems in the account.

Hi Jeroen,

You have a point, we are continuously improving the AvidLink, I'm sure Keith watching this section too, but I will send this to him in case he missed.

Thanks,

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jul 17 2019 4:28 PM In reply to

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for sending Keith the case. If he wants any more feedback he can reach out to me but I expect that the behavior and improvements that are required are more or less common sense.

Regards,

Most of the MC/NC, Interplay, Nexis, ISIS, Unity stuff. [view my complete system specs]

Avid reseller ACSR at Telmaco

http://www.telmaco.gr/en/

• Wed, Jul 17 2019 4:57 PM In reply to

AvidLink and Avid.com definitely get slower when accounts have more items in it.

MC 8.6.1, Windows 10, ASROCK X99M, Intel 5930K, Zotac GTX970, 32GB RAM, Transcend 512GB M.2 SSD & Dell U2713H. MBP 2012 Thunderbolt, OSX 10.10.5, MC... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller