Latest post Sun, Jul 7 2019 9:11 AM by TrevorA. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jul 7 2019 8:37 AM

• MrMudd
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 19 2011
    • Posts 10
    • Points 130

Copy + paste Timecodes

Hi,

I have been working with Premiere Pro the last 4 Years. I work as an editor for a production company based in Germany. Avid is always a topic within our editing group but most of us have issues regarding the navigation within avid.

I do a lot of finishing work when our movies get a picturelock. A lot of the time I have to replace previewfootage with highres footage. To get this done quickly I copy and paste a lot of timecodes from the preview footage to the highres footage to get my ins and outs placed fast.

Here is how I do this in PP

I hit match frame, tab (selects timecode in), ctrl+c (copy), then I select my highrest footage, tab (highlights TC),ctrl+V (paste tc) done

With AVID I can not grab any of the TC info...why is that? I have to type in everything manually, it is such a waste of time to do that.

Is there ANY way to grab TCs quick??? I want to grab it from my Sequence and any footage that is placed in my bins.

I was hoping with the new 2019 release this would finally be possible with avid, since it seems such a basic, yet important feature, which is still missing.

• Sun, Jul 7 2019 9:11 AM In reply to

• TrevorA
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London
    • Posts 1,251
    • Points 14,130

Re: Copy + paste Timecodes

Agree this would be useful in some circumstances. Short term workaround might be to ‘find bin’ and copy from the ‘mark in’ column, although that might be more keystrokes than typing a timecode in.

Dont forget, if your previews & full res are named similarly & have matching timecodes, you can relink by name & start to selected clips. Might save you typing timecodes 

iMac 5K on High Sierra MC 2020.5, HP z420 MC 2020.4 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller