Latest post Wed, Jul 3 2019 12:37 AM by Telegram!. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jul 2 2019 10:18 PM

Where to log bug reports

Hi,

Does anyone know of a place to report bugs for Media Composer? I have just been using the latest version for a project, and while there is much to like I found myself uninstalling it after a week as there were a couple of bugs that made it impossible to live with. 

- Tab (and shift tab) no longer works when editng columns in a bin.

- I couldn't set custom columns for selections of items. (Usually available by Shift+Right Clicking on a field with a selection active).

- It's often almost impossible to find the right place to right click (for e.g. to add a new sequence) in a bin that is full of 100s of clips.

- In one bin I had, I couldn't delete sequences or titles. Pressing Delete or selecting delete in the top menu didn't do anything.

- THe one that finally made me uninstall was this: I was trying to add a colour a specific subset of sequences in a bin (something I do frequently as part of my organisational process). When I added a colour to any selection of sequences in a sifted view, all the sequences in the bin were coloured.

- Not a bug, but there are certain situations when you're moving around between bins where the sidebar behaviour is funky because it operates in a different way to other 'windows' in the docking system. It might just take a bit of getting used to, but the logic is strange, and when shuffling bins, I often found myself closing the container with the sidebar in, and then having to set the layout up again.

- I think this might have come up in 2018.12.3, but I'm finding it can take significant time to open some bins. I have a 7Mb bin full of selects which took 30s to open.

FYI, the Visual Studio problem report page is a brilliant example of how to report bugs and issues in a public and transparent way.

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/spaces/8/index.html?all

Media Composer 8.1; Matrox MX02/Avid Mojo DX;HP XW8400 Win7 x64 Pro. [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jul 3 2019 12:37 AM In reply to

Re: Where to log bug reports

Stephen Ellis:

Hi,

Does anyone know of a place to report bugs for Media Composer? I have just been using the latest version for a project, and while there is much to like I found myself uninstalling it after a week as there were a couple of bugs that made it impossible to live with. .

- THe one that finally made me uninstall was this: I was trying to add a colour a specific subset of sequences in a bin (something I do frequently as part of my organisational process). When I added a colour to any selection of sequences in a sifted view, all the sequences in the bin were coloured.

I just tried to add Color to 3 out of 6 Sequences in a Sifted Bin and it worked as expected, leaving the un-sifted Sequences alone.

Do you think the issue has to do with the large number of Sequences? Does it also not work properly when you try in a smaller bin?

My first question is: Did you try the Sift/Coloring on a new Project’s Sequences? Or from a previous version’s Project/Bin?

Also, because it seems to be critical: did you create a brand new User Setting when you installed the v2019.6 version? Are you on a Mac or PC? One or two monitors? 

Best of luck and thanks for your post.

Windows7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Windows10 Pro x64 Dell XPS 8930 Special Edition Tower i7-8700 3.2 Ghz; 32GB... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller