Latest post Thu, Jun 20 2019 12:59 PM by Olly strous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jun 19 2019 7:48 PM

Cant Rebuild Site Settings

An odd issue trying to rebuild site settins on a machine and it starts the rebuild process but stops at an error stating:

feature you are trying to use is on a network resource

its looking for the .msi file in a directory that doesnt exist, i cant in the drop down see the full path of where its looking for this file

For the time being i have reinstated the old settings but we are experenacing some issues that i want to make sure arnt related to a corruption of the settings.

Win10 1809

MC2018.12.3

NXC 19.4.0.14

HPZ8

• Thu, Jun 20 2019 10:52 AM In reply to

• Joachim Claus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Seeheim-Jugenheim, Germany
    • Posts 941
    • Points 12,020

Re: Cant Rebuild Site Settings

The easiest way is toe uninstall your current version and re-install it. Then, when you start MC create a new user profile in the screen where you select the project.

When everything is running as expected, you may import the old user setting, by closing the project and select Import User setting from the User profile drop-down menu. Now again check those functions which were suspect, and see whether all is o.k. If not, close the project again and go back to the new user profile.

Joachim

SuperMicro Workstation 7048A-T Dual Xeon (10 cores) E5-2640v4 2.4GHz 128 GB RAM, PNY P4000, 1 PCIe SSD 400 GB (Intel SSDPEDMW400G4) 1 SSD 2 TB for UHD... [view my complete system specs]

Joachim Claus

• Thu, Jun 20 2019 12:10 PM In reply to

• BarkinMadd
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 4,703
    • Points 61,440

I don't believe the site settings are stored with the user settings so creating a new user may not work.

I have seen MC do exactly what the OP stated - if you remove the site settings file(s) MC thinks that it needs to access the installer to finalize the installation of MC.

To the OP - you could try uninstalling and reinstalling MC having first removed the MC_State files located in:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Avid Media Composer\Settings

Then reinstalling MC will recreate the default site settings in this location.

Note that you might want to just rename this 'Settings' folder to '__Settings' or something like that so that you preserve a copy of your old settings...

Camera(s) PXW-X70, HDR-FX1, Hero 6 Black | MC 2019.9 | QT 7.7.9 | Continuum 2019.5 | Sapphire 2019.5 | Mocha Pro 2019.5 | Titler Pro 7 | Windows 10 Pro... [view my complete system specs]

Steve

www.nelliedogstudios.com

• Thu, Jun 20 2019 12:59 PM In reply to

So we have solved this by reextracting the zip installer file at the root of the C drive we did rename the settings folder so we had a backup but as soon as the installer was at the root of the drive they rebuilt correctly.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller