Latest post Tue, Apr 30 2019 2:29 PM by Job ter Burg. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Apr 26 2019 7:57 PM

• delgadob
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Sep 16 2007
    • Pembroke Pines, Florida
    • Posts 161
    • Points 2,485

Burning DVDs with 5.1 Surround Sound

Which software should I use to burn DVDs with surround sound using a surround sound sequence created in Avid? and which is the best format to ouput the exported filed of the sequence from Avid?

Thanks for info.

Bert

Avid Media Composer version 6.5.4 on a PC. It has an INTE HEX CORE I7, 4930K, with 4 TB of internal storage,Intel cooling system for I7, 32 GB of memory... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Apr 27 2019 10:38 PM In reply to

• touviere7
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 15 2010
    • los angeles
    • Posts 596
    • Points 6,750

Re: Burning DVDs with 5.1 Surround Sound

maybe this could give you some general ideas...

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2101197

symphony 2018.12.5 - win 10 pro64 v.1803 - QT essential 7.7.9 - nVidia gtx1080 OC (430.64) - intel i7 6800k@4.1ghz water cooled by corsair H100i V2 - MSI... [view my complete system specs]

the time you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted time...

• Mon, Apr 29 2019 8:28 PM In reply to

• delgadob
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Sep 16 2007
    • Pembroke Pines, Florida
    • Posts 161
    • Points 2,485

This is becoming as good as a mystery.

Today I had Adobe tech support come -again- into my computer to check my settings in order to export a sequence in 5.1 surround sound.

From the number of times I was placed on hold while the technician was checking and what he did, I got the impression he did know know how to solve the problem.

His final remark was that the setting he placed in my computer will work.

I told him that in the many tests I have ran I new that it won't.

He then said that they are not there to suggest software but to fix problems.

I camly explained that I was facing a problem trying to export the sequence with 5.1 surround sound, and that during my many tests, the setting he had was going to give me either sound from all speakers and/or a stereo sound from the front righ and front left speakers.  I explained that I have tried Encore wich now refuses to even look at the software by indicating that there were too many audio channels, I also tried ConvertX to DVD, even Avid DVD.

I hace created exported files in .avi, h264 (mp4), MPEG2 and .mov from a Quicktime export.

The only one that gets close to surround sound is an mpeg2 exported file and the burning of the DVD was using Avid DVD! In this case both front and rear speakers on each side work at the same time.

I have looked for instructions in Google and uTube but most of them are completely outdated, asking to use  Dolbty sound options which no longer come with Premiere Pro CC 2019.

My question is the same:  Is there anyone in the Forum who is successfully burning DVDs with 5.1 surround sound from Premier Pro 2019 CC?

Thanks for the info.

Bert

Avid Media Composer version 6.5.4 on a PC. It has an INTE HEX CORE I7, 4930K, with 4 TB of internal storage,Intel cooling system for I7, 32 GB of memory... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Apr 30 2019 3:13 AM In reply to

Adobe removed Dolby AC3 support from Adobe CC 2018 and newer. You can install 2017 but you may not co-install newer versions. 

If you need it in 2018+ version you can purchase Surcode Dolby encoder for CC. 

HTH

MC 8.6.1, Windows 10, ASROCK X99M, Intel 5930K, Zotac GTX970, 32GB RAM, Transcend 512GB M.2 SSD & Dell U2713H. MBP 2012 Thunderbolt, OSX 10.10.5, MC... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Apr 30 2019 2:23 PM In reply to

I would export same as source QT with 5.1 audio from MC, then transcode/encode to DVD specs using a third party encoder.

Unlike BluRays (which allow for multichannel uncompressed PCM audio), DVD’s will require either DTS or Dolby Digital to allow 5.1 audio. Which means your encoder (Encore, Squeeze, TMPGenc etc.) needs to allow 5.1 Dolby Digital encoding. Note that some applications will allow you to encode into the Dolby Digital codec, but are limited to stereo. It explicitly needs to be 5.1.

I think I at some point bought the Dolby Digital option for Squeeze, and I also think TMPGenc has a 5.1 Dolby Digital option, but it’s been a while since I’ve used it.

Once you have a DVD-compatible ac3-file, you should be able to use that as an asset in most DVD authoring apps (Encore or even Avid DVD).

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Apr 30 2019 2:29 PM In reply to

Dom Q. Silverio:

Adobe removed Dolby AC3 support from Adobe CC 2018 and newer. You can install 2017 but you may not co-install newer versions. 

If you need it in 2018+ version you can purchase Surcode Dolby encoder for CC. 

HTH

I reckon this is because Dolby charges a license fee for their 5.1 encoder. 

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller