Latest post Tue, Feb 26 2019 11:00 AM by Pat Horridge. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Feb 25 2019 10:20 PM

• robbiec
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 15 2017
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45

Every new external project has locked bins (UNITY)

Hello,

we have 4 pcs that use unity to share projects and media. When you create a new project there is a bin that is opened automaticaly. Avid media composer shows message that you can save only using "save as". Then you can work without problems unless bin is opened on another device. Then you have to again use "save as".

Old project bins are locked too if we open them. There are no lock files in project folders. We can only write to bins with "save as".

We noticed this problem after upgrading to 2018.11.

We tried to downgrade to multiple versions until 8.8.3. Before upgrade those versions worked. We also have one pc with 6.5.5 and that machine is working correctly.

Can anyone help? We are desperate,

Thank you

Filed under:
  • Tue, Feb 26 2019 11:00 AM In reply to

Re: Every new external project has locked bins (UNITY)

What version Unity client are you running?

Unity is quite old now and I'm not sure its supports current relases of MC in a shared environment.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller