Latest post Tue, Dec 18 2018 3:13 AM by DStone. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Dec 17 2018 12:58 PM

• castora
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 10 2013
    • Posts 18
    • Points 190

EXTEND A SHOT IN AVID MEDIA COMPOSER

Hello! I am a bit new in Avid and have a doubt. I have an interview filmed but my cameraman cut a bit my interviewee`s head from above.

Do you know how to fix this?

Many thanks. Ana. 

• Mon, Dec 17 2018 1:20 PM In reply to

Re: EXTEND A SHOT IN AVID MEDIA COMPOSER

Hi Ana,

If the top of the shot was cut off, it doesn't sound like there is much you can do about it. If you post a screen shot, people might be able to give you some ideas.

Media Composer 2018.12.5 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, Dec 17 2018 1:20 PM In reply to

Re shot or use a cutaway.

If the camera didn't record the top of the head then you don't have it to fix.

In theory if the top of the head comes in at some poinmt you could use that to fix the missing content but its almost impossible to get a seemless join.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Tue, Dec 18 2018 3:13 AM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,581
    • Points 45,970
    • Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Let's see... if you have a couple of views of the top of the head visible, you could always fire up your favorite 3D editing software, model the head, unwrap the top of the head to a UV map for texturing, rotoscope the existing footage compositing the top of the head onto the interviewee, and adding an appropriate background as necessary.

Or you could just try zooming into the existing footage in order to re-frame the shot into something more aesthetically pleasing.

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 32Gb, NVidia GTX 970 4GB, Win 10 Pro, MC(generally the latest or the one just before), MC 7.x [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller