Latest post Wed, Nov 28 2018 8:42 PM by Zach Melnick. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Nov 28 2018 8:42 PM

Canon Raw transcode "upstream pipe stall" error

I'm having an issue with Canon Raw files and transcoding to DNxHR LB 1080p files for proxy editing. 
    I am consistently getting "upstream pipe stall" errors. I'm using Avid Media Composer with Canon C200 Raw Lite files 
    using Canon RAW Plugin for Avid Media Access. I'm using the current version of the plugin, 2.2.1, 
    on Media Composer Ultimate 2018.11, on Mac OS 10.13.6. When background transcoding C200 files 
    (both 12bit and 10bit) to DNxHR LB proxy files, I often get the error "ExecuteInternal TIMEOUT - 
    NEMFileWriter has detected upstream pipe stall", and the file being transcoded fails. 
    It also happens when transcoding to ProRes 422 Proxy files. 

It happens on about 1 in 10 files being transcoded, especially files longer than 1 minute. If I transcode again, 
    eventually the file that failed will transcode successfully, however with really long files (10 mins or more) it might take 5 or 10 tries.  I've tried this on both a 2013 Mac Pro 'trashcan' and an iMac Pro, 
    both have experienced failed transcodes with the error. 

I've tried writing to fast SSD storage and slower HDD storage. It occurs both with background transcoding and foreground transcoding. 
    I am able to transcode RED files with no problems, which leads me to believe that this might be an 
    issue with the Canon Raw plugin. It seems to get "progressively worse" over time - at the beginning of a 
    big transcode it might work but after doing it overnight, starting again will guarantee multiple transcode errors.

I'm currently communicating with avid support about this, but I was wondering if anyone else has run into issues transcoding Canon Raw files, 
    especially longer clilps. 

Thanks!!!! Zach
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller