Latest post Fri, Oct 19 2018 11:02 PM by dasari. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Oct 13 2018 8:25 PM

• dasari
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Oct 13 2018
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

What is the best export setting in Avid Media Composer for uploading the video on YouTube ?

Hi Avid Experts,

I have I have a film that is 12GB in size. the video quality looks great when I play it on my system. But when I upload it on YouTube, the quality does not look good even though it is playing with 1080p HD quality. 

I am trying to figure out if I have to select any particular setting for YouTube uploads. 

The settings I have used are below:

Compression Type: Avid DNxHD Codec

Resolutions: 1080p/23.976

Aspect ratio: Native (1920X1080)

I do not want to compromise on the video quality and I need assitance with the best encoding possible. 

Filed under:
  • Tue, Oct 16 2018 3:47 PM In reply to

Re: What is the best export setting in Avid Media Composer for uploading the video on YouTube ?

I always encode (with Squeeze) to MP4 when creating a file for uploading to YouTube.  YouTube seems to play nicer with MP4's than with other formats.   If you have Squeeze, there is a YouTube/Vimeo pre-set you can use.

MC 2018.12.3 with Symphony, Matrox MX02 Mini Max, Win 7 Pro, HP Z800 2x6-Core 3.2Ghz Xeon, 48GB ram, Quadro K4200, SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD as system... [view my complete system specs]

I have a fantastic editing assistant.  He stays by my side when I edit...doesn't talk too much...and thinks I'm a genius!    Check him out here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQVkYaaPO6g

• Fri, Oct 19 2018 11:02 PM In reply to

• dasari
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Oct 13 2018
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Re: What is the best export setting in Avid Media Composer for uploading the video on YouTube ?

Hi Terry Snyder

Thank you for the response. I do not see the squeeze option that you have mentioned. I will try and see if I can use MP4 format and I hope it does not spoil the quality of the video.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller