Latest post Fri, Aug 31 2018 11:15 AM by joao_vantec. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jul 18 2018 8:34 AM

• psyring
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 18 2018
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

get length of a string outof 3dPlay

Hi community,

I am pit and I work as graphic administrator  (piece of graphic art and piece of technical administration ;D) for a local tv station in Germany.
    We bought our hard- and software from formerly ORAD but I hope to get my question answered here as well.

We have 3Designer 3.7.14 (build 2393) and 3DdPlay 4.3 (build 37.737)

my problem:

I have a text layer in 3Designer which shows text on the output and I have a second text layer with an internal connection to the first text layer which shows the count of the letters with strlen(I).

In 3dPlay I want to read out the text layer which shows the count of the letters of the other text layer.
    Is there any way to access this via 3DPlay? (I know the newer product is called Maestro TX, but I assume that the "problem" is the same.)

What I want to achieve is that when the count exceeds 52 characters the text should run into a crawl instead of standing still on the output. (This all works with a database connected and getting the length of the string via sql query. But this time the textinput comes from a GI parameter)
    Hope somebody could give me a satisfying answer.

Cheers,
    Pit

• Fri, Aug 31 2018 11:15 AM In reply to

Re: get length of a string outof 3dPlay

Hi Pit,

What i did was, make out connection from Text1 string to internal connection on Text2 (string count). Then used function strlen(I) like you mentioned. Then create export on Text2 (string count) which will create an Integer export. Then you can use it in 3DPlay however you want.

But perhaps it's better to do a function inside 3Designer, so you could move the text into the crawl, when its size is bigger than 52 chars. This way you do not depend whether the string length comes from SQL or GI.

Cheers,

Joao

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller