Latest post Tue, Jun 12 2018 5:19 PM by cls105. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jun 12 2018 5:19 PM

• cls105
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • los angeles
    • Posts 259
    • Points 3,520

Issues Relinking and Changing End Timecode on tapeless clips

I am editing a concert and having issues relinking red dragon footage.

I initially ama'd the red dragon proxy prores quicktimes and consolidated those.  I did not ama the r3d's.

I later found out that this was super narrow 2x 16x9 anamorphic footage that I have to push into, so I decided to ama the r3d files, transcode those to dnxhr and relink my original master clips my new 4k dnxhr media.

The reason why I want to relink is because I already made multicam groups with the proxies.

I am able to relink many of original masterclips to my new dnxhr media but not all of them.  I think its because the proxies and the r3d's have different end timecode that is off by one frame.  The start times are all the same.

I unlinked the master clip, and tried to modify the end timecode using decrement and edit by field but I am getting an invalid trim error.  I wonder if this modification of end timecode is possible with tapeless workflows like this.

So my first question is if anyone has suggestions for that issue....

My second question is: When I highlight a bunch of clips and click relink, selected items in all open bins is always greyed out, and so are all my source name pull down options.  How do I make these options available in relink?

Thank You

In this example, the non colored clip is the original Red Dragon proxy quicktime that I originally ama consolidated into MC.  The green clip is what I ama transcoded from the r3d. The end timecode is off by a frame which I think is why I cannot relink/upres.

diy intel 7840x, asus strix x299-e gaming, w10 (creators 1703) mc 2018.5 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller