Latest post Fri, Jan 12 2018 12:39 PM by Roger Shufflebottom. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jan 11 2018 9:39 AM

Application Manager fails to initialise

I have a student with a brand-new MacBook Pro, 16GB RAM, Mac OS 10.13.2. She wishes to run MC First but the Application Manager fails to initialise (nothing happens, even after hours waiting) (she does have an Avid Account). So she can't log in to launch MC First. If she tries to launch, it immediately hits an error: SYS_ERROR, OSErr:-5000. I think this may relate to missing files in the Avid_MediaFilesfolder in the Supporting Files folder but since the App Man is stuck, we can't go further.

We have uninstalled and reinstalled both MC and the App Man (got the latest version).

Very frustrating.

She did have a trial copy of the full MC but this was uninstalled before installing First.

iMac i5 27", 24GB RAM, OS 10.11.6 with Symphony 8.10., BlackMagic mini monitor. MacBook Pro, 16GB RAM with OS 10.12.5 with MC 8.10 and BMD Ultrastudio... [view my complete system specs]

With best wishes, Roger Shufflebottom

ACI, Technical Tutor (Editing), Faculty of Media and Communication, Bournemouth University, Dorset, UK

• Thu, Jan 11 2018 3:20 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,660
    • Points 18,240
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Application Manager fails to initialise

Hi Roger,

Can you try to Uncheck Data Collection in AM Preferences.

Regards,

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jan 11 2018 6:14 PM In reply to

I have passed this on to my student - I will await feedback. Thanks.

iMac i5 27", 24GB RAM, OS 10.11.6 with Symphony 8.10., BlackMagic mini monitor. MacBook Pro, 16GB RAM with OS 10.12.5 with MC 8.10 and BMD Ultrastudio... [view my complete system specs]

ACI, Technical Tutor (Editing), Faculty of Media and Communication, Bournemouth University, Dorset, UK

• Fri, Jan 12 2018 12:39 PM In reply to

She says that option is not checked but still no good.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller