Latest post Thu, Jan 17 2019 12:40 PM by Trensharo. 32 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (33 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Dec 4 2018 1:42 PM In reply to

• Matthew Clulow
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Feb 12 2018
    • North of Toronto Ontario
    • Posts 32
    • Points 390

Re: NewBlueFX Prime - can I use it with MCF?

Christian J:   I've got the same problem so I emailed you as request.

In short, the install appears succesfull. The NewBLue account is active with the serial number. I can see the NEW BLUE plug in in the AVID directory Structure. 

Howvever......The effects remain inaccessable

Was this ever resolved?

Windows 10 Pro Version: 1709 OS Build 16299.192INtel Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @3.10Ghz 310 GHz8GB Ram - 7.88 usable64 bit x64 based processorDell Optiplex... [view my complete system specs]

Matthew Clulow

• Thu, Jan 10 2019 8:58 AM In reply to

• Soko
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Stuttgart, Germany
    • Posts 42
    • Points 570

this is the status at the moment:

https://newbluefx.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360028807832-Prime-plugins-fail-to-load-in-Media-Composer-First-1802-

it's avid's turn...

• Thu, Jan 17 2019 12:40 PM In reply to

• Trensharo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Nov 27 2018
    • Posts 8
    • Points 60

I think there is some sort of breakage in relation to the restriction for Marketplace-only Plug-Ins in MCF.  Honestly, Avid should just drop this restriction and let people use any Plug-Ins they have on their PC.  It's probably causing more issues then the incentive it provides to ugprade, and the NLE is already feature crippled in so many ways that this isn't necessary.

Just remove the plug-in restrictions, IMHO.

The people that would use MCF and never upgrade are likely to provide Avid with more positive engagement in terms of getting more people on "full" MC than the revenue they lose otherwise...

And they definitely need that, cause right now most people don't even bother to recommend this NLE/SKU unless someone is learning Avid for a specific purpose (most aren't); given how good the alternatives are (and the fact that they have no isseus using OpenFX/VST Plug-Ins - many of which were paid for by the user).

Page 3 of 3 (33 items) < Previous 1 2 3

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller