Latest post Wed, Nov 1 2017 12:10 PM by ripvanmarlowe. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Nov 1 2017 11:59 AM

Trouble with Read Audio TC - Suggestions for other software readers...

Hi all,

I've got some footage with LTC recorded on to one of the audio channels and MC is having trouble reading it.  It's there on the clip and it's recorded at a good level.  I've tried subclipping out the first few frames so I know there's timecode at the point in the clip I'm trying to read but Avid just doesn't want to know.  

I generally use this system a lot and mostly it works well but it's just having trouble with this batch for some reason.

I've given up on using Avid so does anyone have any suggestions for other software that can read audio timecode?  All I really need to know is what the start TC of the clips are so something super basic that could just report the tc would be great.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers,

Andi

Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, mid 2014) 2.5GHz Core i7 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048MB MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 MC 2018.9.0 Symphony... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Nov 1 2017 12:10 PM In reply to

Re: Trouble with Read Audio TC - Suggestions for other software readers...

I'm going to reply to my own post with the answer I found.  Once again, the titan that is VideoToolShed and Bouke comes to the rescue with his app LTC Convert.  It can load up clips and scan them for aux tc and then report back the found TC.  It did this on the clips that Avid could not and saved me a bunch of wasted time.  I recommend just throwing your money at him as so much of his stuff is of massive use.

Thank you Bouke for all these awesome tools you create!

Andi

Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, mid 2014) 2.5GHz Core i7 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048MB MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 MC 2018.9.0 Symphony... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller