Latest post Mon, Jan 15 2018 3:37 PM by Roger Shufflebottom. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Oct 23 2017 3:18 AM

• Dan Caton
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Akron OH
    • Posts 13
    • Points 145

Audio ducking fails on export

I have a project that sounds great on in MC First program, but when the file is exported the volume in the 3rd audio channel remains static.  The keybands created from ducking for the background music seem to be overlooked in the export process.  Has anyone else noticed this?  

HP Laptop - Pavilion dv7-3186cl - Intel Core-i5 with 8gb DDR3 ram - Nvidia Geforce with Cuda M104 grafics card. 500gb HD system drive & 500gb video... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Oct 25 2017 4:42 PM In reply to

• Dan Caton
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Akron OH
    • Posts 13
    • Points 145

Re: Audio ducking fails on export

So I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program with no success.  The thrid audio track with music has been editied to have some fades at certain points.  This sounds great in the  program and operates correctly.  During the export all the fades and adjusments to the audio track are ignored so the background music sounds as loud as the voice over.  Is this a limitation of MC First?

HP Laptop - Pavilion dv7-3186cl - Intel Core-i5 with 8gb DDR3 ram - Nvidia Geforce with Cuda M104 grafics card. 500gb HD system drive & 500gb video... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Oct 25 2017 8:43 PM In reply to

Try doing an audio mixdown first and check if that plays ok. If so use that to export as audio.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Fri, Jan 12 2018 3:49 PM In reply to

Seeing this, as are my students, with regular audio keyframes, not just those added by ducking. Pat's solution works - Audio Mixdown, then export that with the video. Not an especially elegant solution! Bug?

iMac i5 27", 24GB RAM, OS 10.11.6 with Symphony 8.10., BlackMagic mini monitor. MacBook Pro, 16GB RAM with OS 10.12.5 with MC 8.10 and BMD Ultrastudio... [view my complete system specs]

With best wishes, Roger Shufflebottom

ACI, Technical Tutor (Editing), Faculty of Media and Communication, Bournemouth University, Dorset, UK

• Sat, Jan 13 2018 6:33 AM In reply to

Which version, Roger?

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jan 13 2018 10:23 AM In reply to

8.9.3 but I think later, also , (saw it on a second Mac yesterday). I will retest on Monday.

iMac i5 27", 24GB RAM, OS 10.11.6 with Symphony 8.10., BlackMagic mini monitor. MacBook Pro, 16GB RAM with OS 10.12.5 with MC 8.10 and BMD Ultrastudio... [view my complete system specs]

ACI, Technical Tutor (Editing), Faculty of Media and Communication, Bournemouth University, Dorset, UK

• Mon, Jan 15 2018 3:37 PM In reply to

This still fails on Mac v8.10. Volume keyframes are ignored if doing a DNxHD or H.264 export. Do an Audio mixdown and export with that and the volume changes can be heard. Also looks like H264 exports are all mono, even if stereo is selected. I reported that bug back in the summer.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller