Latest post Thu, Sep 28 2017 1:38 PM by Brad. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Sep 21 2017 9:36 AM

• Brad
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • West Yorkshire
    • Posts 90
    • Points 1,265

Zoom during playback in source monitor

Is it possible to maintain a zoom during playback in the source monitor?

I'm trying to subclip a lot of source footage that was given to me in small sizes, making it a pain to subclip.

As we all know, you can enlarge in the source window, but it reverts to normal size during playback.

I could create sequences for each of them, but don't want to waste the time.  Also could convert to larger size with edit ready, but again don't have the time to waste.

Thanks in advance.

imac late 2012 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 OS 10.13.2 MC 8.10.0 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Sep 21 2017 2:34 PM In reply to

Re: Zoom during playback in source monitor

No, zoom only works when not playing.

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Thu, Sep 21 2017 5:02 PM In reply to

Can't you use the source setting for the clip and use frame flex to "zoom" in?

Cut it up and then revert the frameflex back.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Thu, Sep 21 2017 8:10 PM In reply to

• MikeyB
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Edlesborough, UK
    • Posts 485
    • Points 6,030
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video
      Moderator: Avid Certified Instructors - Video

I'm not sure why you have a problem with this...

How did you get the clips into your Project? Did you perhaps import them with your settings set to 'do not resize clips smaller than frame size'?

If so, assuming you wanted to Import, a better workflow would have been to import into a Project of the same format as the source, (so they filled the source monitor), subclipped, then copied the resulting bin of subclips into your editing project. 

I'm assuming there that you wanted to preserve the dimensions of the source media. Otherwise you could just have imported into your project with settings set to 'image sized for current format' which would have scaled the clips up automatically.

Or alternatively, you could have Linked the clips into your editing project. Then Frame Flex would by default stretch the clips to fill the Source Monitor. Then, as Pat says, you can go to their source settings and change them as you wish.

MacBook Pro 15" 2016 2.7GHz i7 Radeon 455 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Sep 28 2017 1:38 PM In reply to

• Brad
    • Not Ranked
    • West Yorkshire
    • Posts 90
    • Points 1,265

Thanks for your responses.  Yes I did have "do not resize" checked, mainly from importing stills and not wanting them to be stretched in ways that mit them hard to get back to original aspect.

That solved the problem.

I also didn't know about the framflex option.

So in short both of these solved my problem.

So thanks.

imac late 2012 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 OS 10.13.2 MC 8.10.0 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller