Latest post Fri, Sep 15 2017 8:13 PM by Martin in Chicago. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Sep 12 2017 5:34 PM

Bezier Handles

This has bothered me so long, I've probably posed this question before, didn't like the answer and wiped it from my memory.

Bezier Curves: I most often use these to ease out a move, sometimes for Pan & Zoom, sometimes for a text roll, sometimes for moving an object across the screen, sometimes for other things. Spline is often not a suitable choice because I typically want the action to start at a linear speed and ease to a stop and then, possibly hold. So, the questions. Is there a keyboard modifier that allows me to lock the handle drag to a horizontal movement and is there a way to snap a handle exactly to a keyframe? I guess really what I'm asking is, are there any useful techniques for manipulating bezier handles?

I think I have reasonably decent motor skills with a mouse, but I find it infinitely challenging to, for example, pull both handles all the way to the keyframe so as to create a linear start. Or to drag the handle exactly to the X axis to create a fixed position. 

If anyone is interested in answering, but isn't fully following my question, I'd be happy to try and figure out some frame grabs to illustrate.

Martin

MC 2018.11.0, OS 10.13.6, Early 2009 Nehalem MacPro4,1, 2 X 2.6 GHz Quad-Core updated with Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB system drive, 32 GB RAM and ATI Radeon... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Sep 15 2017 8:13 PM In reply to

Re: Bezier Handles

Really? Nobody? Was the question phrased badly?

Martin

MC 2018.11.0, OS 10.13.6, Early 2009 Nehalem MacPro4,1, 2 X 2.6 GHz Quad-Core updated with Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB system drive, 32 GB RAM and ATI Radeon... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller