Latest post Wed, Aug 30 2017 10:48 PM by AndrewAction. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Aug 30 2017 2:31 PM

• Jonas Cox
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 9 2015
    • Springfield, MA
    • Posts 23
    • Points 275

new way to refresh linked media?

Hi,

Occasionally, I need to re-establish the paths to camera originals (e.g., Windows laptop 1 gives my external drive the letter "F", whereas Windows laptop 2-- when I have to move my edit to that laptop-- gives it the letter "G", thereby breaking the links).  I've discovered-- as I imagine many of you have-- that I can re-perform the link operation, through Source Browser, and the clips will be restored.  But I'd like to know if there is a quicker, more direct way to do this.  Like a one-click "re-link" option (similar to the legacy "relink" command for traditional managed media).

TIA,

Jonas

BTW, I discovered that, after linking to camera originals, I can unlink them, then "modify clip" and un-check tracks that needlessly clutter up the Source side track panel (in our case, this means getting rid of the Data track and empty audio tracks, so the resulting clips are V,A1).  I then link again via Source Browser, and all the clips are restored, with only those tracks.

MC 8.9 on Dell 7910 (Windows 7 Professional),with Nitris DX and ISIS [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Aug 30 2017 10:48 PM In reply to

Re: new way to refresh linked media?

Jonas Cox:
    I discovered that, after linking to camera originals, I can unlink them, then "modify clip" and un-check tracks
    I use this with importing media but had not tried it with Linked media. Nice find.

FWIW With my Capture workspace I link a KB settings named capture. F10 is mapped with Unlink, F11 with Modify, and F12 with Relink.   Nice thing about the Unlink Relink process for track selection is that it is completely reversible at any later stage.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller