Latest post Sun, Aug 13 2017 4:08 AM by Telegram!. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Aug 12 2017 11:44 PM

• Telegram!
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Jun 28 2006
    • Posts 997
    • Points 11,585

? KB Mapping CUSTOM Toolset/Bin Layouts?

We can go beyond the customizable & mappable STOCK Toolsets, but MC doesn't seem to permit KB mapping for Custom-Named Toolsets or Bin Layouts. Is there a work-around? Can KB-mappable linked Workspaces include a Custom Toolset?

Win 7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Also:___ Windows 7 Pro x64 Dell T3400 workstation E8400 3.0 Ghz 4GB Ram,... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Aug 13 2017 2:21 AM In reply to

Re: ? KB Mapping CUSTOM Toolset/Bin Layouts?

Telegram!:
    Can KB-mappable linked Workspaces include a Custom Toolset?
    Not sure I am on the same wave length here.  I can create a custom workspace. I can link a custom KB and custom Bin layout that attach to that workspace. (options in selected workspace Windows/Workspace/Properties  Then  Settings with "name" and Bin Layout drop down menu)

A first attempt I could not  map this custom workspace to my keyboard.   I do seem to remember long ago a Douglas tutorial(?) or a posts here that had something to do with the order or Number that the custom workplace was assigned to (Wx).

• Sun, Aug 13 2017 4:08 AM In reply to

• Telegram!
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Jun 28 2006
    • Posts 997
    • Points 11,585

Re: ? KB Mapping CUSTOM Toolset/Bin Layouts?

Thanks Andrew, I just made a fresh custom Bin Layout named Test1 and saw it available in Properties/Link Layout Pulldown in a Custom Toolset/WorkSpace I called Test... and was able to use Command Palette to drag the W# to my Keyboard. So that solves that. v8.8.5 PC

Win 7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Also:___ Windows 7 Pro x64 Dell T3400 workstation E8400 3.0 Ghz 4GB Ram,... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller