Latest post Thu, Aug 10 2017 7:46 AM by luca.mg. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jul 26 2017 9:56 AM

• Markuto
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 14 2013
    • Posts 6
    • Points 80

Quicktime reference creates new subclips

Hi to everyone,

I have been editing a piece and exported a Quicktime reference. After that, when I relink the sequence it relinks to the subclips created by the QTR and I can not find a way to relink to the original subclips. I detail... the project has quite a lot of subclips with the synced material and in the original sequence, the subclips are named as nameoftheclip.sync.01. However, when I relink the sequence, some of them appear as nameoftheclip.sync.01.new.01. I cannot perform a useful match frame because this .new.01 is only the portion of the clip in the timeline. Also, no .new master clips seems to be in the bins.

This is the original timeline:

This is the timeline after relinking...

Any ideas? I am desperate and although I have been searching for long time over the forum, I have found anything.

Thank you!!!!

• Thu, Jul 27 2017 5:19 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,106
    • Points 60,045

Re: Quicktime reference creates new subclips

It seems that You have consolidated the sequence prior to QT ref export, in fact consolidated clips appear with the .new.01 suffix. Perhaps You are working with linked clips, which do not allow for QT ref export, and consolidated to successfully output. If You kept the source sequence (not consolidated), go back to that one to pick up from where You left off, if You don't (depends on the selected options when consolidating/exporting), You'll have to send the sequence offline and relink to the original footage.

MC 8.9.4, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Thu, Aug 10 2017 6:03 AM In reply to

• Markuto
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 14 2013
    • Posts 6
    • Points 80

Thank you very much Luca. That might be the reason because we are two editors in the same project working at distance. However it is very weird because sometimes we have a .new.04 and I have not consolidated. My colleague has consolidated part of the sequence once but I think he has not consolidated more than once.

• Thu, Aug 10 2017 7:46 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,106
    • Points 60,045

You not only get new.01 02 03 (and so on) when consolidating the same cut/clip multiple times, but when consolidating differenti portions or the same source clip too.

MC 8.9.4, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller