Latest post Thu, Jul 20 2017 9:56 PM by photog007. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jul 20 2017 9:56 PM

• photog007
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 27 2006
    • Posts 42
    • Points 470

Moving Media from Standalone drive to Interplay

We have a situation where I am editing remotely away from the main post-production facility on a standalone Mac MC 7 not on interplay.    I often ingest most of the project media on this system to local drives.  I then need to travel to the post production faciility and get the media onto the interplay system there so that multiple editors can work with the media.  The interplay system is also MC 7 but PC.

Generally I have been connecting the external drive containing the media to one of the interplay workstations and copying the MXF files at the desktop level from the external drive to the ISIS workspace.  Then copying the bins over as well to the project folder (which resides on a different workspace) But we have been noticing that for every 30 or 40 hours of video copied this way, we get a handful of offline files.  Often it is part of a clip - for instance the audio will be online but the video is offline.

After looking at the ISIS workspace and comparing it to the external drive it can be determined that in fact the files were not copied when the bulk copy happened.  But when those individual files are selected on the external drive and copied to the workspace, they appear on the workspace - for a short time - but upon restart, they are gone - no longer on the workspace.  the file count of the folder being copied to on the interplay workspace is well under 5,000 files.

Does anyone have any idea why some files don't seem to "stick" when copied this way?  And secondly, is there a better workflow for moving media onto an Interplay system from a remote system (cloud option not possible due to cost and setup)

Thanks

Mid 2010 MacPro 2x2.66 GHz 6core Westmere 14 GB RAM OS 10.10.5 MC v7.0.5 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller