Latest post Fri, Jun 9 2017 9:36 AM by Jeroen van Eekeres. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jun 6 2017 6:08 PM

Media Composer 8.8.4 NOW AVAILABLE - 6 June 2017

We are pleased to announce the release of Media Composer v8.8.4.  

Location:  Media Composer v8.8.4 will be available from My Avid Master Accounts, Application Manager, and the Avid Download Center (login and password required) as of today (6/6/17 ) at 12:00 noon ET.  

Changed: Installer & Patch:  There is a Media Composer v8.8.4 Mac and Win Installer as well as a Media Composer v8.8.4 Patch ( Win only).  No Mac patch at this time.

Changed in v8.8.4: The following has been changed in this release.

Blur Effect - With this release, the Fixed Aspect option has been added to the Blur effect to allow you to lock X and Y to the same values.

Fixed in v8.8.4:  The following has been fixed in this release.

-  In some instances, performing a slip trim might not have updated the trim window during the trim.

-  Opening the Effect Editor after audio levels were adjusted and a Timewarp Effect was applied resulted in “Unavailable Effect” appeared in the Effect Editor instead of the Timewarp properties.

-  In some instances, AudioSuite effects may have become un-rendered after performing a trim, lift or Add Edit in film projects. This has been fixed for effects rendered in 8.8.4 and later. Note that if you bring a sequence created in Media Composer v8.8.4, and open it in an earlier version of the editing application, the AudioSuite effects might be un-rendered.

-  In some instances, loading AVC Intra RGB 4:4:4 media would cause Media Composer to crash.

-  Performing a background render on a New Blue Title resulted in a watermarked effect. Fixed in Media Composer v8.8.4

-  You might have received an assertion error when changing the color encoding or FrameFlex settings for an AMA linked high frame rate clip.

-  With AJA I/O hardware connected, you could select resolutions that should not have been available.

-  With Dupe Detection enabled, the editing application was slow when selecting segments in a sequence with multiple tracks of video and audio.

-  You could not enter values into FrameFlex formats when the decimal was a comma.

-  In some instances, the system crashed linking DNxHD QuickTime files or resulted in white noise on audio tracks.

-  Matte keys did not consolidate using background consolidate.

-  When working in a Japanese locale, the word “Dissolve” in the List Tool was displayed incorrectly.

-  Grid settings reset to default after quitting out of a project

-  In some instances, black or filler was corrupted when adding multiple effects.

-  The “Close All Bins But Active” option did not work when working in a Japanese locale.

-  Disabled muted clips were still showing when pressing Next in Group using keyboard shortcuts.

-  The AudioSuite Signal Generator effect could not be rendered.

-  UHD resolutions were not available in Dynamic relink settings.

-  Resizing a bin was slow for bins that contained sources in a workspace that was not mounted.

-  In some instances, after performing a video mix-down, the Wrong Format slide would appear when loading the sequence.

-  You could not link PSD files from the Source Browser. Fixed in Media Composer v8.8.4

-  The Media Composer source monitor would display the “Capture in Progress” slide for portions of the media that were no longer in progress.

-  Searching with PhraseFind was not working properly with Chinese and Japanese.

-  In some instances, you might have received an exception error when linking AVC Intra from a Canon C300 MKll camera.

-  In some instances, the track numbers set for audio clips did not match when performing an Auto-sequence.

-  If you dragged the end of a take line up so it went over existing marks, then dragged it back down without letting go of mouse, the Script marks were deleted.

-  Inserting or deleting lines of script text did not reposition slate thumbnails.

ReadMe:  The ReadMe is posted to The Media Composer 8.x Documentation page on the Knowledge Base.

How Customers will obtain the Media Composer v8.8.4:   The latest update to Media Composer has been made available to the public today at 12:00 noon ET.

1.  Customers who have already installed the latest version of Media Composer will be notified of the availability of the v8.8.4 upgrade via the AppMan . The Apps tab will also provide a link to download and install the update when desired.

2.  New customers who purchase Media Composer on or after June 6th, 2017 will receive this v8.8.4 update in their Avid Master Account.

3.  Customers on current valid Upgrade & Support plans can download the Media Composer v8.8.4 and either update from their Avid Master Account or the Avid Download Center (login and password required.)

4.  Customers NOT on a current Upgrade & Support contract that wish to upgrade to v8.8.4 can purchase an upgrade via the special offer available for Media Composer v3.0 and higher licenses.  Offer expires June 30th, 2017. Customers can purchase through the Avid Online Store, Avid Resellers or Distributors.

Media Composer 2019.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Thu, Jun 8 2017 4:19 PM In reply to

• Sylvain P
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    • Posts 1,488
    • Points 17,595

Re: Media Composer 8.8.4 NOW AVAILABLE - 6 June 2017

I did a full uninstall of MC8.8.3 before performing the installation of 8.8.4.

But when installing MC8.8.4, the installation creates a strange 718 bytes file located in C: Users. The file doesn't have an extension and is called by my name (Sylvain).

When I restart my computer, Windows will ask "Choose the program you want to use to open this file". So, to solve this issue, I renamed the file by adding the extension .txt

I opened the file and it is related to “Avid Editor Transcode Status” and “Stopping Editor Transcode Services”

Media Composer 2018.12.2 (Symphony Option), ASUS P8P67 Deluxe, Intel i7 2600k, 16G DDR3-1600, PNY NVIDIA Quadro 2000 (353.82), Windows 10 Pro. Boris Red... [view my complete system specs]

Sylvain Primeau

Self-employed worker - Les productions Primeau Medias

primeaumedias.com

Radio-Canada/CBC news editor

cbc.ca / ici.radio-canada.ca

• Thu, Jun 8 2017 4:25 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,608
    • Points 223,215
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Sylvain 

did you use the patch or the full installer?

And where did you download too?  

I suggest you go to the Download Center and log in and then downlaod 8.8.4 Win full installer.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Thu, Jun 8 2017 4:31 PM In reply to

• Sylvain P
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    • Posts 1,488
    • Points 17,595

Marianna,

I used the Win 8.8.4 full installer from the download center.

Media Composer 2018.12.2 (Symphony Option), ASUS P8P67 Deluxe, Intel i7 2600k, 16G DDR3-1600, PNY NVIDIA Quadro 2000 (353.82), Windows 10 Pro. Boris Red... [view my complete system specs]

Sylvain Primeau

Self-employed worker - Les productions Primeau Medias

primeaumedias.com

Radio-Canada/CBC news editor

cbc.ca / ici.radio-canada.ca

• Fri, Jun 9 2017 9:36 AM In reply to

Same here with a 'Jeroen' file. It is just a log file. I must admit that the location of the file is bizar and probably an 'ooops' of some sort.

Most of the MC/NC, Interplay, Nexis, ISIS, Unity stuff. [view my complete system specs]

Avid reseller ACSR at Telmaco

http://www.telmaco.gr/en/

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller