Latest post Fri, May 19 2017 10:40 PM by Martin Fox. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, May 17 2017 4:09 PM

• bobbybz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 26 2015
    • Posts 23
    • Points 295

Control audio mixer by keyboard

I'd love to see the ability to set certain things in the audio mixer fast menu to the keyboard. Currently we can set menu items (including ones on the timeline fast menu) to the keyboard using the "Menu to button" reassignment option. However, this does not work for the audio mixer. It would be great to be able to assign the various options in this menu to the keyboard, for quick and easy custom leveling. 

Separately, it would be great to be able to add custom effects to the command palette, such as a specific 3d warp or timewarp (the way we can add custom workspaces), so we can then add those to the keyboard, too. 

HP Z440, Intel Xeon E5-1650v3@ 3.5GHz, 32GB RAM (2x16), Windows 7Pro 64bit, Nvidia Quadro K2200, Blackmagic Decklink Mini Monitor, driver vers. 10.5.4... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, May 19 2017 5:55 PM In reply to

• Tom Pearson
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 1 2007
    • Los Angeles Ca
    • Posts 2,028
    • Points 21,930

Re: Control audio mixer by keyboard

Hi Have you tried the Artist mix or Artist Control? You can assign many mixer and edit functions on it ...

macbook pro i7 2.5 16 gig ram 750gig hd 2tb fw800 20 tb e-sata raid Artist Mix and Artist color Artist control [view my complete system specs]

Tom Pearson

Director/Writer Big Picture Films

Sound Designer/Sound Editor Hollywood Sounds

WWLD

• Fri, May 19 2017 10:40 PM In reply to

• Martin Fox
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Mar 14 2014
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 33
    • Points 375

Re: Control audio mixer by keyboard

I've been using a macro program 'Keybard Maestro ' for this, after programming the steps , I have clip volume on control  command 1 for track one , then I punch in the value on the keypad or use the shift arrow keys to make fine adjustments. It's set up like this for all the audio tracks I commonly use. Control shift F12 takes me to the fast menu in the audio mixer.

More recently I have been using Quadro an iPad app to trigger these macros, as I have run out of keyboard combinations that I can remember. There is a utube demonstration on the web for syncing rushes for multicam that really demonstrates the power of macros, the software used in that example is quick keys.

iMac Retina27 late 2014 4Gz i7 16GB AMD R9 2GB with Sata Raid OS 10.11.6 MC 8.6.4 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller