Latest post Wed, May 10 2017 6:20 PM by Marianna. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, May 10 2017 7:51 AM

Terminal keeps opening on its own

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with the latest version of the Avid Application Manager (17.4.0.).

Since the last upgrade, the Terminal app starts to open and close randomly.
    I started to track this issue in the console and this is what happens:

08/05/17 16:57:14,737 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.avid.appmanager.64032.0E98EB55-57D1-4D2F-A8DA-1EB50053BC8A[1308]) Service exited due to signal: Killed: 9
    08/05/17 16:57:14,857 login[1583] USER_PROCESS: 1583 ttys000
    08/05/17 17:02:18,733 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.avid.appmanager.64032.4D85520F-386A-448F-8361-FED9B2248E2A[1581]) Service exited due to signal: Killed: 9
    08/05/17 17:02:18,785 login[1583] DEAD_PROCESS: 1583 ttys000

The Problem is, there is no error message. Avid MediaComposer 8.7.0 works just fine. But terminal keeps opening and closing randomly, which is annoying because it puts MediaComposer and any other program I'm using in the background. So for example when I play something in the timeline it stops, or when my assistant is doing her magic it interrupts her. Before the update of the Avid Application Manager everything worked fine.

I booted up the iMac and waited to see what happens when I do nothing. Avid Application manager automatically started (as usual) and signed in. I started the console, just to see what is happening. After 5 Minutes the window of the Application Manager disappeared and the terminal opened and closed itself after another 6 minutes.

This keeps repeating every 5 minutes with the same message in the console.

Now I rebooted and closed the Avid Application manager after the start to see what happens there... No interruption so far.

After a research yesterday I found two threads in two different forums, which are dedicated to the same problem.
    ("Avid Pro Audio Community" and the official Apple Community):
    http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=390737
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7658840?start=0&tstart=0

I did what they reccomend (running the EtreCheck Appliaction)

Anyone here who has the same problem?

Chris

MAC 2018.8 | iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) | OSX 10.11.1 | Intel Core i7@4 GHz | 32GB RAM | AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4GB | AJA IO XT [view my complete system specs]

• Wed, May 10 2017 2:33 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,323
    • Points 232,540
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Terminal keeps opening on its own

Chris

I reached out to the appman team.... going to cretae a cae on this and get somene looking at it for you.

Stand by

Marianna

Director of CSM | Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, May 10 2017 2:41 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,323
    • Points 232,540
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Chris

I see you already had a case open....  and closed on this.    I am still checking with keith but note that you do not have any entitlements on this license.  

You shoud consider updating it with th special offer we have now for MC 3.0 and higher licenses.  That offer gets you to 8.8.x and higher and proviudes the year of support and upgrades for $399 US.  if you do this then next year the renewal is only $299 US.

I would highly recommend that especially since your editor Hüseyin Tabak needs the system in a mission ciritcal situation.

You can order it on the web at shop.avid.com or from a reseller or distributor like videoguys.com

Marianna

• Wed, May 10 2017 4:27 PM In reply to

Hi Marianna,

Thank you very much for your reply!

I switched to my avid account and started a monthly subscription.

No Terminal interruption so far Big SmileYes

After I signed in the avid application manager I noticed something different to the other account. In the "Account" Tab I can see my Subscriptions/Licenses, which i could not see when I was logged in with the account of Hüseyin (by the way he is the director and I'm the editor Wink) - I thought that it was a bug from the appmanager.

Signed in with my account, active monthly subscription; without the terminal problems:

Signed in with active monthly subscription license

So maybe there is the problem, because when I sign back in with the other account, the terminal starts to open and close again... maybe it is a synchronizing bug.

Signed in with the directors account, WITH terminal problems:

Signed in with annual subscription license

I see it is an active Annual Subscription but outside the time period?! - MediaComposer worked fine by the way...

I hope this helps to solve the problem

Chris

MAC 2018.8 | iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) | OSX 10.11.1 | Intel Core i7@4 GHz | 32GB RAM | AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4GB | AJA IO XT [view my complete system specs]

• Wed, May 10 2017 6:20 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,323
    • Points 232,540
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Chris,

would it be possible to have you send me your log giles.  Crash reports....

email below

Marianna

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller