Latest post Sun, Sep 24 2017 9:29 AM by Jeroen van Eekeres. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 29 2017 8:45 PM

Interplay media status not updating

Hello Dear, all

We are using Interplay  Version 3.1.2 with Avid interplay archive service 1.3.3 and Avid interplay restore service 1.3.3.

I am facing two problems.One is that the status of files for archive and transcode service isn't updating in the Interplay Media services status although the files are transcoding and archiving fine.

The second problem is that some files for archive and restore unable to start and when I cancel it and retry it, it completed successfully.I don't know why I have to push some of these files.I also restarted media service engine and services as well but it doesn't work.

We are using Qualstar RLS-8500 Series library with Flashnet SGL01 v6.4.14 for archive system, it is working fine.I can check the status of the archive file in flashnet , and the file gets archive but when I check it on the media services status, it doesn't update.

Thanks in advance

Imran

HP Z440 16GB RAM PROCESSOR : INTEL XEON CPU E5-1650 3.5GHZ WINDOWS 7 64 BIT NVIDIA QUADRO K2200 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Mar 30 2017 12:21 PM In reply to

• Baklap
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Hilversum - The Netherlands
    • Posts 6,943
    • Points 82,395
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro PC

Re: Interplay media status not updating

Did you set all the provider settings in Administrator? Interplay server/Site Settings / Interplay Production Services

35 MC's - 224TB Isis - 2.2 PB Spectra T950 - Interplay - 2 Media Central's - Media Director - 3 TM's - 2 STP's - 80 TB Isilon - 2 Vantage... [view my complete system specs]

Twitter Account

"If you do what you did you will get what you got!"

My Keys

• Thu, Mar 30 2017 12:51 PM In reply to

Yes, I set all the provider settings in Administrator, Interplay server/Site Settings / Interplay Production Services.Before it was working fine but now this problem happened.even there is no change in any settings

HP Z440 16GB RAM PROCESSOR : INTEL XEON CPU E5-1650 3.5GHZ WINDOWS 7 64 BIT NVIDIA QUADRO K2200 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Mar 30 2017 1:59 PM In reply to

• Baklap
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Posts 6,943
    • Points 82,395

Have you tried to run a collect with ASDT (use latest version) and have it spit out a log file. That might give you some clues wether there are DNS issues or host issues somewhere. Run it from one of the providers. See what it reveales.

35 MC's - 224TB Isis - 2.2 PB Spectra T950 - Interplay - 2 Media Central's - Media Director - 3 TM's - 2 STP's - 80 TB Isilon - 2 Vantage... [view my complete system specs]

Twitter Account

My Keys

• Thu, Mar 30 2017 7:10 PM In reply to

I  run a collect with latest ASDT like I done it before, but there is no warning /  DNS issues or host issues somewhere.

That's very strange.For Restore files and transcode files the media services status is working find.but for archive it's not working fine.

• Sat, Apr 1 2017 11:37 AM In reply to

• Baklap
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Posts 6,943
    • Points 82,395

And yes i know i am redundant is askign but nothing changed? Version upgrade, auto windows update?

Twitter Account

My Keys

• Fri, Apr 7 2017 8:47 PM In reply to

no update in version and windows update is turned off

if we send some files to the predefined profiles for the archive.Sometimes some of the file/files get stuck at 0% with yellow color (means archive process is running.)but it gives no error.

To complete this job, we have to manually cancel this job, and retry it again, after that the job complete successfully.You can check the error in the attached file(check the mark file stopped at 0%)

Thanks

Imran

• Sat, Sep 23 2017 8:33 AM In reply to

Hi Imran,

Have you ever found the solution to this problem? We also see a  similar thing in transcode 3.6.x and it seems to be user related. Some users are able to perform some transcodes but the 2 administrator users aren't. User credentials have been reset in Interplay and production services (DMS broker) but without any result. Health monitor, diagnostics and evenvwr do not show any error related.

I'm still in the process of searching through the ASDT logs but thought to do some google searches as well and came accross this thread,

Thanks

Most of the MC/NC, Interplay, Nexis, ISIS, Unity stuff. [view my complete system specs]

Avid reseller ACSR at Telmaco

http://www.telmaco.gr/en/

• Sun, Sep 24 2017 9:29 AM In reply to

ADST logs do provide a hint. It is indeed user related. In the logs an error is present that the user logged in can't access the dmsdb sql database. This makes sense as the customer had decided to change passwords for both administrative interplay users which were also changed in media services but it seems that the windows user used during the install of SQL by the Avid installer determines the user credentials. But there is not a lot of info online available.

Now the question is how to fix this.

Most of the MC/NC, Interplay, Nexis, ISIS, Unity stuff. [view my complete system specs]

Avid reseller ACSR at Telmaco

http://www.telmaco.gr/en/

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller