Latest post Sat, Feb 11 2017 11:36 AM by JKL32. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Feb 8 2017 4:09 PM

• JKL32
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Dec 22 2007
    • The Netherlands
    • Posts 210
    • Points 2,945

HDMI on Mac Pro (late 2013) for client monitor?

Since FCP X (10.3.2) can use the HDMI port on the Mac Pro (late 2013) model for connecting an external viewing monitor (client monitor), is there a possibility that Avid is going to implement that HDMI port also for connecting a client monitor in the future? It would be really nice! Then we don't need extra hardware on that model anymore. A nice and cheap way also to view 60fps!

Avid Media Composer 8.6, BMD UltraStudio Mini Monitor(Desktop Video 10.8), New Mac Pro 8 core, D700, 64g RAM, El Capitan [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Feb 10 2017 9:53 PM In reply to

• hys17
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jun 22 2013
    • Posts 17
    • Points 205

Re: HDMI on Mac Pro (late 2013) for client monitor?

If you don't have a hardware I/O device connected (e.g. BlackMagic Intensity), Avid has this function called Full Screen Playback under the menu Special, and you set up which monitor to use in Settings-Full Screen Playback. Been using this function for years since I never bothered to buy a playback card.

• Sat, Feb 11 2017 11:36 AM In reply to

• JKL32
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Dec 22 2007
    • The Netherlands
    • Posts 210
    • Points 2,945

Re: HDMI on Mac Pro (late 2013) for client monitor?

hys17:

If you don't have a hardware I/O device connected (e.g. BlackMagic Intensity), Avid has this function called Full Screen Playback under the menu Special, and you set up which monitor to use in Settings-Full Screen Playback. Been using this function for years since I never bothered to buy a playback card.

I am aware of the fullscreen playback function in Avid, however, I didn't know that it was possible to display it on a third (TV) monitor.. thnx! Only when switching workspaces, say color correction, the fullscreen playback disappears... so there is a lot of pushing the fullscreen button again and again... Or is there another function that keeps it?

Avid Media Composer 8.6, BMD UltraStudio Mini Monitor(Desktop Video 10.8), New Mac Pro 8 core, D700, 64g RAM, El Capitan [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller