Latest post Wed, Jan 25 2017 9:18 PM by Pat Horridge. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jan 25 2017 7:15 PM

• escheck
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 2 2008
    • Posts 16
    • Points 195

Outputting non-broadcast rasters

We've been doing a lot more social media projects at my facility lately (Snapchat, IG Stories, etc.) and while the custom raster feature in Media Composer is extremely useful and intuitive while in the NLE, there's still an expectation of seeing that image on the broadcast and client displays.

This is easily achieved with FrameFlex in a 1920x1080 standard project, but what about when I want to make a custom raster to match my deliverable?  We have AJA Kona 4 for I/O running v 12.3.8 of the driver, and MC 8.3.5.

Any thoughts or experiences?  I know MC is traditionally a broadcast app, but seems like they've been opening up a bit to accommodate more current workflows.  I'd hate to be have to kick all these jobs to Premiere Pro.

• Wed, Jan 25 2017 9:18 PM In reply to

Re: Outputting non-broadcast rasters

Sounds like a request for a resolve type handling of output.

The signal is restricted of course to TV ratser sizes as a grade one TV can't show a custom raster size,

What you need is a way to scale and pad the output to visually create an imiage with the 1920x1080 raster.

Sort of a frame flex in reverse.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller