Latest post Sat, Oct 29 2016 1:41 AM by usatraveler. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Oct 28 2016 11:25 PM

• mr dave
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • toronto
    • Posts 78
    • Points 880

Nexidia’s Dialogue Search or PhraseFind

Avid announced today that they will be offering Nexidia’s Dialogue Search that enables content producers, owners, and consumers to type any combination of words or phrases, and in only seconds, find and preview any media clip where those words or phrases are spoken—independent of any captions, transcript, or metadata. In combination with Dialogue Search’s powerful metadata filtering and search capabilities, users can further explore and refine the result set. Using these capabilities, users can dive deeper in to their media, finding assets that would have otherwise gone undiscovered.

Is this not the same as PhraseFind that Avid sold me for $500 and the after version MC 5.5    I was told it wouldn't work and I would  have to buy it again. 

WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO BUY THIS NEW PRODUCT   Nexidia’s Dialogue Search  AFTER BUYING ONE THAT IS NOT USEABLE AFTER 5.5   It only worked for less than a year.

iMac Mac os Sierra 10.12.6 Avid 2019.7 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Oct 29 2016 1:41 AM In reply to

Re: Nexidia’s Dialogue Search or PhraseFind

There are multiple threads about this topic.  Avid has said there will be news relevant to existing owners of PhraseFind, in December.

For what it's worth, PhraseFind is usable up to MC7 - not just 5.5.

(SYSTEM 1) iMac Late 2012 27" (13,2), Mac OS X 10.12.6, Avid Media Composer 2018.10 w/Symphony, Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller