Latest post Fri, Oct 28 2016 7:19 PM by RalphC. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Oct 28 2016 5:22 PM

• jbeaze
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 4 2015
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Avid Media Composer 8.6.1 trial freezes after initial start-up

After Avid Starts Up It freezes on the project page. I had Avid 8.4.5 working on windows 10 i upgraded my driver and it stop working begin to freeze i knew 8.4.5 is not compatible with windows 10 and it was a matter of time but it was working so i didnt want to change it. so now im trying the new avid 8.6.1 and it still not working I have tried everything that i know of i have reinstalled it, at one point i updated my Graphic Card driver again and it work for a couple day but then it went back to freezeing i dont what to do... i recently upgraded windows 10 to the anniversity update but it was working on and off before that as well... Hopefully someone can help Because i need avid to work Thanks

Ps please view screen shots 

My specs are 

Windows 10 Pro ver. 1607

I7-4700 cpu 2.4 ghz

12gb ram 

64 bit oper. sys 

SCREENSHOTS

Avid not responding message

Stays on this screen until force close

avid 7.0.4 | rog g750 jm 4700hq cpu 2.4ghz | 12 gb ram | nvidia gtx 860m gpu | sdd hdd [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Oct 28 2016 6:42 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 2,209
    • Points 24,475
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Avid Media Composer 8.6.1 trial freezes after initial start-up

Hi jbeaze,

This might not fix the issue, but it a good start, try deleting Database Files and Re-Indexing Media in Avid Media Composer. 

Goodluck,

Ralph

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Oct 28 2016 7:18 PM In reply to

• jbeaze
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 4 2015
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Hey Ralph,

Thanks for the reply, as i was written this question i remembered that avid didnt start acting up until after i updated my ghapics drivers, so i search for the graphic driver that avid 8.6 supports and it wasnt the updated one, so i went back to the one it supports and avid was back up and running so hopefully that solves the issue. If it does begin to act funny again i will try your soultion. Thanks 

avid 7.0.4 | rog g750 jm 4700hq cpu 2.4ghz | 12 gb ram | nvidia gtx 860m gpu | sdd hdd [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Oct 28 2016 7:19 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 2,209
    • Points 24,475
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

jbeaze:

Hey Ralph,

Thanks for the reply, as i was written this question i remembered that avid didnt start acting up until after i updated my ghapics drivers, so i search for the graphic driver that avid 8.6 supports and it wasnt the updated one, so i went back to the one it supports and avid was back up and running so hopefully that solves the issue. If it does begin to act funny again i will try your soultion. Thanks 

Yes

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller